• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can 2 deuces fit on a drop deck semi trailer??????

sailor2000

I have 2 Deuces to move... they are W/W so they are ~23' long each.... will 2 of them fit on a 48'+ drop deck trailer if equipped with ramps?

AND Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you put the first on on forward with the winch over the tongue and the other one with the winch hanging over the back (butt to butt) it should work.
I got five to move....I'm trying to figure out how to get three on one trailer. :shock:

M1075

You might also look into a flatbed trailer. I have seen 2 five tons on a 48' flatbed. Just be sure to check the height.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: trailer

We hauled two dueces all the time on our M 872 40 foot flat beds so you should be OK. Just use good transit chain and quality loadbinders take a 3 pound sledge and beat on the chains when you are finished if anything comes loose it would have on the road so re tighten and hit again till you know you are not going to have a moving load.

The worse thing we ever hauled was double stacked warehouse trailers they could not be tightened no matter what.

Take pictures and post them:)

sailor2000

M1075 said:
You might also look into a flatbed trailer. I have seen 2 five tons on a 48' flatbed. Just be sure to check the height.
GL at Ft Sam can't load onto a flat bed... no ramp or dock... so need drop deck with ramps....

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you by the fuel we can convoy over there and drag them back with 2 tow bars one friday.

jrosbo

Trailer

I had three on a double drop trailer. One m35 w/w, one m35 w/o/w, and an m49. Most double drops have a spare set of ramps or you can use the rear ramps on the front deck with the later one as the option I had. I pulled the winch model up on the front deck as far as I could. I had to remove the ramps from the front so I could pull up a little farther with out parking on the ramps, I gained a little more room and I had to use the ramps on the rear. I put the M49 down in the belly nose first. I put the last truck up on the rear deck over the rear tires rear first. I took the ramps back of the rear and put them under the M49 because I could not get them all the way up and I didn't want them bouncing of the bumper. I only had to go about 50 miles and it sure gave the Freightliner a good work out. I wouldn't go much further than that with that load. It was a 45 ton Landoll expandable double drop deck trailer behind a 95 Freightliner with a 400hp motor. I was only a few pounds under legal weight. The truck I have to use belongs to a heavy equipment dealer and is perm. tagged for wide and over weight so I wasnt worried about leo. So to answer the question, two would be great, three is pushing it.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Trailer

ok,Added it up,M52A2,deuce,deuce,deuce,plus all aluminum dropdeck 53foot trailer 77,000lbs....Ummmm,Wrecker,This would be asking for trouble since the 52 is only rated for 53,000lbs highway.....and DOT would be all over us like stink on shoot.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The legal weight for a Class Eight truck with three axles is 80,000 pounds.
But, you have to be able to axle it out at 64000 rear, 64000 tandem and 12000 front to
= 80,000
If the m52 w/trailer weighed 40,000 (not likely) that would leave 40000 for cargo if you could get the axle weight legal.

Three dueces x 13500 should be 45000 which is 500 over gross......most scales allow a 10% tolerance so you might get by.
If I were driving I would wave and grin as I passed by the scales wearing my ACU's in my big cammo truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks