• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can a 419 purchased from private seller ever be titled for road use?

MaybeA419

Hi Guys - I've been considering a 419 for years for general work around my property. One is now available a few miles from me from a private seller who can provide a 'Bill of Sale' only.

I've heard the only way to get a title on 419's was at the time of original sale from the military's contractor 'GovPlanet'. Once in private hands, titles can never be issued. Does anyone have any first hand experience 419's registered for road use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/ideas

Last edited:

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine titled very easily in Indiana. Just took the Bill of Sale to the DMV, along with the VIN verification from a Sheriff’s Deputy, and got it in just a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Technically in most states it's a tractor so it can be driven on the road with your orange sign

MaybeA419

Mine titled very easily in Indiana. Just took the Bill of Sale to the DMV, along with the VIN verification from a Sheriff’s Deputy, and got it in just a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the info. From everything I'm seeing it primarily depends on the specific state. Some states (like Indiana) appear super friendly whereas other states are extremely restrictive. Nice to hear Indiana is friendly to MV's :).

MaybeA419

Technically in most states it's a tractor so it can be driven on the road with your orange sign
This may be an option for me, but not sure yet.

The potential concern with this is my understanding is an SMV sign is specific to vehicles that can't exceed 25 MPH. As a 419 can certainly exceed this I'm looking into if an SMV sign would be accepted. I've also heard for vehicles that can exceed 25 MPH there is another sign (SIS - Speed Index Symbol) that can be added to the SMV.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This may be an option for me, but not sure yet.

The potential concern with this is my understanding is an SMV sign is specific to vehicles that can't exceed 25 MPH. As a 419 can certainly exceed this I'm looking into if an SMV sign would be accepted. I've also heard for vehicles that can exceed 25 MPH there is another sign (SIS - Speed Index Symbol) that can be added to the SMV.
It takes a little bit go get to 45mph in an SEE. They are much safer to drive at 25. They are quite bouncy.

MaybeA419

It takes a little bit go get to 45mph in an SEE. They are much safer to drive at 25. They are quite bouncy.
Agreed. Virtually all road use I'd be doing would be on country roads with a maximum speed limit of 45. With the high number of farm equipment on these roads, most local traffic is use to slower traffic :). Thanks for your thoughts on this :).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks