• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can a bad Glow Plug box stop your alternator from charging?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mogman… Wires on the oil flow sensor are white IIRC. Maybe others too?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mogman… Wires on the oil flow sensor are white IIRC. Maybe others too?
There is no oil flow sensor
Actually I was talking about harness wires, various sending units may have different color wires, the RPM sensor comes to mind.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no oil flow sensor
This thing we tie our Tachometers into. A more specific term might be dood-dad or thingy.

It’s not the terms I actually write, it’s what I actually mean.

371032CD-F60C-44A7-986E-CF7FD724C615.jpeg

springer1981

This thing we tie our Tachometers into. A more specific term might be dood-dad or thingy.

It’s not the terms I actually write, it’s what I actually mean.
That's a Tach Sensor. It counts the number of times the engine turns in a Minute.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a Tach Sensor. It counts the number of times the engine turns in a Minute.
Thanks Springer!

Like I said, its what I mean and not what I say. LOL

Bottom line is the wires are white and not the rubberized black wires.

Currently this original poster is asking about a white wire and I was trying to point out that there are some oddball wires in our trucks that are not black.

Thanks again Springer.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A2 and later trucks with 4L80e trans has a few spots with white wires: Trans computer plug, TPS sensor.

Hummer Guy

I finally got back to messing with the generator again, I found out the wires I attached must have been some aftermarket wires that powered something else, possibly the light in the back of the communication top. I hooked on the wires that was supposed to go on the regulator and it started charging, plus my RPM gauge works now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks