• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can a C Type Turbo be Switched out with a D??

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been reading up some about the Turbos, and I just need to confirm a few things.

First, our deuce has a C-Type "whistler" turbo.
Question: Can I replace this C-Type with a D-Type Turbo?

I know I've read some threads, where members seem to state that they changed from one type to the other.

But can the Turbo's be exchanged and bolt up without any modifications?
Or does something else have to be changed or modified when doing this?

Also is there any further engine modifications or adjustments that would then have to be made??

Thanks in Advance for Any Replies!

houdel

"C" and "D" turbos are completely interchangeable as stated. There is a gasket on the oil tube, you might want to have a spare on hand in case you damage it taking the old turbo out. Other than that its a no-brainer swap.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have no dyno proof, but I know my C to D swap yielded lower EGT's (50-75F) and 3-4 more psi of boost. Oh and it make it livable while driving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks