• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can a Civi 2 headlight harness be used in the m1008

Can a civi 2 headlight Harness out of a 1987 gmc Sierra which im gonna change out to the 91 suburban front end anyways so i have a really nice original gm harness that works and its free it would be a recycled deal lol be used in the m1008 or should i buy a harness off ebay specifically for the cucv or do i just need to upgrade to the harness that runs the lights off the batteries from LMC which do yall prefer im gettin ready to repair my front end on my red m1008 any info and help prefrence im all ears Thanks yall :]

Not to mention i get the upgrades for 87 the washer tank with the pump in the tank :]

Attachments

Last edited:

ryan77

I think the high beams wont work correct with the 2 light harness! I would get the correct one!

GM-M1008

all wiring harness are interchangeable on 73-87 Chevys/gmc (88-91 subs, blazers and crew cabs) BUT! cucv harness are different becuase of the black out lights. A civi harness will work in a cucv just wont have black out lights.

richingalveston

2 light system same, 4 light highs beam prob

I beleive there are only 2 harneses. 4 light and 2 light front end. if it had the 4 light front end, then the high beams may not work.

check the headlight plugs on the two light harnes to see if they are 3 wire. as long as you have 3 wire sockets, it should be the same.

I have pulled both from vehicles, set them side by side and the only difference in the two and four light harnes is the 2 additional light sockets and all four sockets on the four light harness are 2 wire. I beleive the top light is normal and bottom is high beam. (also the wire to the front amber light in the grill is a little longer)

I was going to try it for the heck of it when i have time since i have the spare 4 lite harness.(pulled from 88 civi burb) I beleive you can take a four wire harnes, find the hot wire on the bottom light to the high beam and rewire it to new 3wire sockets and cut the ground wire to the bottom light and it will then be the same as the two light.

GM-M1008

I did it before. I put the quad head lights(88 blazer) in single head light truck(86 c10). But you have to change your radiator support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your bottom head light will not have a hole for the aiming screw! and you will never ever get a perfect square for the part that clips into the radiator support for it to stay in place.

Last edited:
the 89-91 suburban harness is a total diffrent creature the fuse block plug isnt the same as a truck but its the same as a k5 blazer in the same year the m1009 guys might like that (tbi 454 in a M1009 )but thanks for all the info im not sure if i want to keep the blackouts but i was thinkin of just pullin the blackout wires out of the original harness and make 2 seperate harness for ease of operation in the future im just tryin to use parts i have i mean i have a 26 foot storage shed full of parts for my big block gmc build and another building full of misc chevy door panels turn signal lenses steering columns guages im not even sure whats in the out building lol been collecting parts for over 10 years again thanks yall for the info i will keep u posted :]

Last edited:

86m1028

all wiring harness are interchangeable on 73-87 Chevys/gmc (88-91 subs, blazers and crew cabs) BUT! cucv harness are different becuase of the black out lights. A civi harness will work in a cucv just wont have black out lights.
This is incorrect.
There are different harnesses thru out the years.
Pin size, pin orientation, plug size & shape are just a few of the differences.

Well thanks, im not dealing with the 73-80 harnesses way to old not to mention I don't like the round headlights.I have dealt with the 81-87 Chevy gmc trucks and the 81-91 suburban harnesses only.The only different harnesses are the 89-91 suburban and k5 blazer harnesses the lighting configurations was different.81-87 Chevy Suburbans and k5 blazers all had basically the same wiring harness 2 different headlight configurations Side by side 2 headlight system and stacked.However the Crew cabs(4 door chevy) trucks from 81-87 had the same headlight harness as the standard cab trucks.I have had a lot of experience with these trucks and have takin apart quite a few of them the m1008 was so much fun to deal with so much so I think. Im going to take a civy 87 Chevy k10 shortbed and make a shortbed version of a military truck with everything but the diesel I think im gonna go with a gas TBI 454.Truck will kinda be a hybrid.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks