• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can any one tell me if i can get 5ton cab with title

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread stinks, prepare for the Mod to clean it up.

Vin is on the frame, and if verified would get you in hot water if you are trying to put a cab with a title onto a different truck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a title for anything if you go through enough hoops, and technically it is legal.

Putting another cab or another data plate WITHOUT a title on the frame is very illegal.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Someone set me straight, because I'm not understanding something here. If I park my truck, and a tree falls on my truck and the frame and all is good, but the cab is shot. are you telling me that I can not buy a cab from the scrap yard and put it on my truck. because numbers don't match?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, they're saying you can't use a title and data plate from a different truck to get around not having a title for your truck.
Most states have provisions for replacing a cab that was smashed, as in an "assembled title" or "salvage title"

steelandcanvas

Someone please enlighten me, as long as the frame matches your legal paperwork (registration, title) what difference does it make what cab is on the frame? Swapping the dataplate from a damaged cab to a serviceable cab and put back on the original frame is illegal? Heck, I've seen trucks for sale on GL without the dash dataplate. I not as familiar with 800 series vehicles as some of you, but I don't recall any numbers stamped on the cab except for the dataplate. I'm all ears.

Bob H., I'm not suggesting someone do something illegal, basically it boils down to a cab replacement, not to circumvent the correct titling procedures.

Last edited:

ranchhopper

I have a data plate and title from a M52 here because I scrapped the truck so I figured I may need it some day and I wasnt going to throw out a title I paid a hundred dollars for. I know of many trucks fresh from GL where the VIN on the frame and data plates do not match.

jaxsof

If you have a legal vehicle, but need a data plate, get a blank and stamp it to match you frame number. If you cant get a Pa title because of some other legality, search the forum and possibly contact some of our members in Ga or Ala. If, however, your frame number has some reason not to be titleable, then you are screwed.

M813A1

Yes you can chan ge the cab the truck VIN is stamped into the frame on the left front rail and to change the cab all you have to do is remove your original data plate and reinstall it to tye new cab because they are riveted on the dash of the cab as long as your data plate matches the frame numbers and the title numbers it should be Good. Now if you have a salvage title you should be able to use different numbers as long as they match the salvage title numbers !! Just my 2cents2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks