• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone guess what this is?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It looks like the thing that goes over by the doo dad that helps keep the whatchamacallit inline with the other thingy that controls the yaw and was inside of a tire.

Lmtv772

Banned
it's a very bent push rod from a cat 3126 with only 1500 miles and the other is a valve bridge :(. Now I'm wondering why and how it could have had this kind of damage and what else might be busted as a result.
Could be an easy fix or???... The rocker was lose , so that is good news kinda

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
3126 is computer controlled. Something has to really go wrong to over rev. Sometimes
stuff just comes loose in the head, things slip to the side. I have seen it a few times in mil engines.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Whatever it is or did, it can't be good to have rust on it! You really shouldn't see that on an internal motor part.

coachgeo

Whatever it is or did, it can't be good to have rust on it! You really shouldn't see that on an internal motor part.
That in part is what got me wondering about possibility of hydrolocked or maybe near hydrolocked engine might be how it got bent:?:

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
It was in the little cubby by the cab controls. Been sitting in some rusty water for a period of time. I'm wondering about these black circles though and the scuff marks on the back. I bet that rod has a story to tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks