• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone supply radiator details / manufacturer?

NL-M35

I have been trying to locate radiators for 3 Cdn M35's. The Cdn M35 was made by Bombardier under license after 1981. They are the same platform as the US M35A2 but use a Detroit Diesel 8.2 liter and an Allison Automatic Mt643 transmission.

When we bought them the radiators and the starters had been removed. I have found starters and am now trying to locate a suitable rad or a suitable replacement. The trouble is that most commercial vehicles like a Ford F600 that used the same Detriot Diesel engine used a much larger radiator - wider across the grille and narrower.

The original radiator for the Cdn M35 has a 5 gal capacity and seems to have the same hose placement and physical dimensions as the US M35A2. I am wondering if the radiator used in the US M35A2 would be a suitable replacement. Can anyone give me an idea of the manufacturer, any details on capacity, size.

Cheers!

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Below is one of the manufacturers of M35A2 radiators. I have another but the cats have been on my desk and scattered most of my notes. Let me know if you need another source?
Indiana Heat Transfer Corp.
MFR0j567
Radiator BM #3240
Phone 574-935-3171
Cost $601.50

NL-M35

Great info!

Thank you - I looked them up on the web and send them a note to see if they have any specifications that they can share as wel as any ready made.

Cheers!

Try contacting Modine. They purchased the company Heatex Howden Inc., that built the originals as supplied to Bombardier/DND. We get them rebuilt from a company in Canada as well, but of course I need to see a rad with the company sticker on it. I'll check into that tomorrow.

NL-M35

Awesome

Thanks,

we figured out today that the M35A2 radiator might not be suitable as the Transmission oil cooler also runs through the bottom of the raidator which is unique to the Canadian version.

We are improvising a separate transmission cooler and a rad that has smaller hose sizes just to get the engines running.

If get a chance tomorrow to look up any further info that would be FANTASTIC!

Cheers.

devilman96

There is a good chance your not going to find that radiator, at least not at all easily and / or cheaply... However a solution would be to get a A2 radiator and have a shop install a trans cooler in the bottom... You could do this yourself if your comfortable with splitting them open, its not a big deal to do...

Thanks,

we figured out today that the M35A2 radiator might not be suitable as the Transmission oil cooler also runs through the bottom of the raidator which is unique to the Canadian version.

We are improvising a separate transmission cooler and a rad that has smaller hose sizes just to get the engines running.

If get a chance tomorrow to look up any further info that would be FANTASTIC!

Cheers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks