• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell if this is a CUCV engine?

ABN173

check all the paper scraps/tickets/labels etc.....I bought two 6.2L's from GL that turned out to be 6.5's. You can use a 6.5L in a cucv but your going to have to swap some things like the exhaust manifold etc

I would love to pick up a turbo 6.5 to drop into my M1009. So far I have had no luck with the auctions. Doesn't help that most of them are 700+ miles away. Most of what's coming out looks like 6.2s and NA 6.5s from early-generation HMMWVs. Still useful for parts if your CUCV engine dies, or as a largely identical drop-in replacement.

ranchhopper

Those turbo charged hummer engines will not fit in a CUCV unless you do a lot of cutting on the firewall there is no room for the turbo and exhaust in a stock truck.

67_C-30

I put a HMMWV takeout in my '67 C-30 dually. I turbocharged it with 6.5TD stuff from a '93 C2500. My point is, pretty much everything is interchangeable.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhvZP9wryk[/media]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
67 C-30, thats really cool. Tell me about the air intake on top of the intake manifold. Is that stock for 1993? My 94 had completely different stuff. Man, I need to start hitting the pick a part yards.

67_C-30

67 C-30, thats really cool. Tell me about the air intake on top of the intake manifold. Is that stock for 1993? My 94 had completely different stuff. Man, I need to start hitting the pick a part yards.

No, that is a totally custom peice. It's actually a '70 Porsche air cleaner that I cut and welded the bottom of the stock 6.2 air cleaner base to fit the intake. The Porsche air cleaner had a 2.5" inlet, and I thought it would look cool. You can use a '93 - '99 6.5TD intake on a 6.2, I just wanted the engine to look older. I'm building a phantom '67 C-30 dually diesel pickup. Even though the 6.2 didn't exist then, I painted it Detroit Diesel Alpine Green because it was the color Detroit was using in 1967. I cut down stepside fenders to create the dually flares. The turbo'd 6.2 bolted to a NP435 transmission and a 14 bolt rearend from a '97 C3500. All it needs now is paint and the have interior finished. Its an odd bird, but I love it!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a way cool ride and the air intake is exactly what I'd like to do when I do the turbo on my Oh-8. Now I really need to hit the pick-a-part place. I have the factory 6.5 stuff but doubt that I'll use it now looking at your setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks