• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell me anything about this stuff?

papakb

That rack will support either a single or double stack Sincgars radio with the vehicular adapter. It looks like it had a double stack in it's prior life because of the 2 LS-671 speakers beneath it.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

M934A2

The gentleman who is selling it stated it had a loud speaker and microphones in it. Does that have anything to do with that setup?
Is there any value to the setup? can it be outfitted to work with other HAM radio gear or is it all model specific to the Sincgars?

That rack will support either a single or double stack Sincgars radio with the vehicular adapter. It looks like it had a double stack in it's prior life because of the 2 LS-671 speakers beneath it.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gentleman who is selling it stated it had a loud speaker and microphones in it. Does that have anything to do with that setup?
Is there any value to the setup? can it be outfitted to work with other HAM radio gear or is it all model specific to the Sincgars?
the "loud speaker" is the LS-671 speaker. They are used as a speaker for the Radio. The microphones are the hand sets.

Yes, these can be adapted AFAIK, but you'll need specific stuff to do it with.

Value? depends on what your market is willing/wanting to pay.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The handsets might be the most useful pieces, IMHO. Those look like H-250/U (five pin plug) or H-350/U (6 pin plug) handsets and are compatible with any of the older comm gear using the 228/U connectors (matching the U-229/U plugs on the handsets). That would include the PRC-25, PRC-77, RT-246, RT-524 VHF radios, and PRC-74 HF radio (just one example). The handsets are also compatible with NATO spec radios like Israeli PRC-174. Quite useful handsets.

I think the speakers require power from the radio so are not so backwards compatible with the older radios. Someone correct me, maybe Sincgars is the only system that has the direct plugin power capability?

The mount/rack itself might be rather useless since Sincgars radios are not common. I would like to have a Sincgars early RT-1523 and a mount like that.

Bob WB4ETT