• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cable is this?

M1165A1

Came with a set of air compressors that I cannibalized to install in my HMMWV. It was originally part of the "Expedient Refueling System". Is this designed to plug into a genset, or a truck? One end has a heavy plug, the other end is positive and negative terminals.

I'm trying to decide whether to cut the cable up for the wire inside that I could then use for my compressor install. But I hate to destroy a quality heavy cable like this if it can be put to better use.

Is anyone looking for this particular type of cable? It's nicely made and in good shape.

Cable 1.jpg

Cable 2.jpg

Cable 3.jpg

Cable 4.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
I dont think so. I have never seen anything like this before. If it was to be used to take 24 VDC from a gen set, to say a truck, it would have a NATO adapter on both ends.

M1165A1

The terminal side of the cable was hooked into a mini-distribution block on the compressor side, and then the compressor were powered off that block with some relays in between.

ETA: occurs to me if I get a slave plug I could wire up a slave cable, but those plugs aren't cheap and it's probably not worth doing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks