• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone verify this for me: Fuel Pressure

JR

I was told on the phone while troubleshooting my deuce I should have 20 PSI at the secondary filters while cranking the engine, I have the gauge hooked up to where the bleeder is. (see pic) I was told if I dont have around 20 my booster pump may be bad.

Has anyone replaced the fuel pump on the IP?

Also what is the small cylinder in-between the pump and the filters? (see pic #2, attached to the block, under the steering shaft in pic.)

Attachments

Last edited:

southdave

Those filters are feed from the tank fuel pump. The pump runs when you flip the switch on the dash.

Your post doesn't make sense to me.
I thought that the filter are fed from the IP. I was tracing down the tangle of lines and I thought , and gimp certified & confirmed, that that is what happens. maybe the world is flat after all.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, I was under the impression the in tank pump fed the primary filter and then the fuel line ran into the IP's gear driven booster pump which should put out 60 psi if I remember right. I should have one of the gear driven pumps too.

Heavysteven

Well, I need to do some more reading I really thought I understood how the fuel lines ran. Southdave and Gimpy thanks for straighting me out.

World looks flat to me...

JR

I am sorry I did not mean to confuse anyone. I was making a quick post as I was walking out the door, ill edit it. My truck is not running.
All I want to know is has anyone checked their fuel pressure on a running multi-fuel at the secondary filters.
I was told the pump on the side of the IP should put out 20 psi while I am cranking it over. All I have is around 5.

airmech3839

I would replace filters...primary first... if you havent already... since you are getting a slight boost while cranking I would say you probly have a clogged filter and or line that is only allowing a small amount of fuel past... This has happened to me... but your boost pump could still be bad.. post up what you find... might be interesting to know..:beer:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
jr, i was working from memory, in tank pump could be up to 6 but i think most are 3 - 5. then while cranking the booster pump puts out approx 10psi, idle would be 20+. any increase while cranking would be a good sign.

tom