• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I buy NEW not 95% tires.

Draftjim

Hello Im going to need reliable tires for a deuce bobber.
I am not extremely impressed by size [sure I like it but no blowout takes priority]
To me that means new.
I am not really interested in NEW tires from 10 years ago that sat on a shelf somewhere under who knows what conditions.
I really want to stay tubeless.
I am going to have michelin xl15.5 r20 [unless I order something else when I have my truck built]
1 Do we have anything in common with civilian heavy trucks?
2 Are the michelin xl15.5 r20 tires still made?
or do we buy 2 sets now and wipe them down with vaseline?
3 Where do we get NEW tires in 30 years?

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sure you can get new tires. To get tubeless you're only left with a few options. A3 wheels. Recentered wheels. Or aftermarket wheels. All will be $250 or more per wheel. You can certainly get brand new tires from Michelin. Just be ready to pay around a grand per tire. I run take offs, you can find great tires for a 1/3 of the price.

If I could predict 30 years into the future, I wouldn't be worried about tires...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have four brand new 395's mounted on A3 wheels....not sure how old they are but they came out of GL Redstone a few months ago. The rims are used and still have the CTIS parts on them, the tires are new and still have the little rubber whiskers on them. I also have an extra A3 rim. I was going to do another bobber project but I have more than I can manage since the Boss Lady is working me like a rented mule. I'll sell them for what I have in them. Prob around two grand...sounds a little high but A3 rims are made out of unobtainium.

Draftjim

If I could predict 30 years into the future, I wouldn't be worried about tires...[/QUOTE]

Thats part of the reason Im buying a deuce with a multifuel engine.
Im fairly sure I can predict the future.

welldigger

Hello Im going to need reliable tires for a deuce bobber.
I am not extremely impressed by size [sure I like it but no blowout takes priority]
To me that means new.
I am not really interested in NEW tires from 10 years ago that sat on a shelf somewhere under who knows what conditions.
I really want to stay tubeless.
I am going to have michelin xl15.5 r20 [unless I order something else when I have my truck built]
1 Do we have anything in common with civilian heavy trucks?
2 Are the michelin xl15.5 r20 tires still made?
or do we buy 2 sets now and wipe them down with vaseline?
3 Where do we get NEW tires in 30 years?
No there isn't really a civi tire that quite matches the off road type tread of military tires, though this depends heavily on which size of tire we are talking about.

You can get brand new michelin or continental tires brand new from a large truck tire shop. Get ready to wait for them and have someone there to catch you in case you pass out from the bill.

Your best bet is to call somewhere like stazworks and get their "new" surplus tires.

Will you still own a deuce in 30 years? Even so tires are the least of your worries. Other important parts will be much harder to find 30 years from now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If I could predict 30 years into the future, I wouldn't be worried about tires...
Im fairly sure I can predict the future.[/QUOTE]

Before we go any further, there's a rule against Zombie/End of the world talk on the site.

So you're ok with a multifuel (known to be problematic) that currently might be 30+ years old to run another 30 years?

(I'm not a multifuel hater, I own two trucks powered by them)

welldigger

Im fairly sure I can predict the future.[/QUOTE]

You do know "multi fuel" doesn't really mean dump whatever you feel like into the tank right? Yes, you can run alternative fuels in them. However, there is a right and wrong way to do it. The right way is expensive and time consuming. The wrong way is even more expensive and time consuming.

Draftjim

BAHAHAHAHAaaa...
Ok in order.
1 PARTS yes I will be stocking parts.
2 ZOMBIES thats the part that really got me!
Any one who is paying attention in my area has seen wages not keeping up with inflation on food fuel and everthing else I can think of.
[And as a purple possum told me the earthworms are going to rise up against mankind but no news on zombies. I am off that medication now]
3 I fell in love with the multifuel engine as a wheel and track mechanic in the army.
They run very well on 30% used solvent. We did not even filter it!
4 For the price I would pay for a nice 4x4 I can get a deuce.
5 My wife is dead and the kids say I am 20 years over due on my mid life crises.
6 My son and his family are moving home to be closer to me and my married daughter and we will all be selling off most off our junk [including property] to buy some land near the lake on a very rough dirt road.
7 A cow will ram a $20.000 dollar truck at the same speed it will ram a $4000 truck.
I dont think a cow will want to ram a whistler deuce and if they do will I notice? maybe.
8 A bobbed deuce will carry 1 round bale very easy and in the spring when the cows and draft horses have the fresh on a person cutting the twine from a deuce bed will be safer than a person standing in a flatbed chevy.
I have had a bull jump up onto a flatbed Chevy.
HE won ONCE the next day I stayed in the truck and popped the clutch.
After 4 days of this he decided climbing on trucks was a bad idea!
And other than my adding pontoons and wings to it Im fairly sure my other desires for it will be fairly easy for it to satisfy me?
So back to tires and suggestions for parts to stock?

Hottrodd789

This is a guy (bbf) in south florida who usually has 16r20 brand new at a great price, i picked up a set in feb. tires were about two years old

Last edited:

Draftjim

Whoops are we talking 52 in tires?
Way to big for me.
I think from reading this forum that 46 in are the biggest I care to have.
Thank you though.

Last edited:

trukhead

I have 10 new, never mounted M35A3 michelin 14.50 x 20 tires with the 2003 date stamp. I want 6 of them for my M35A3 and will sell 4 of them. I can't list the price in this thread, but I am selling them for what I have in them for $550.00 each tire. They are stored in a cool dark shed right now.
Everybody bitches about me wanting too much for them but they shouldn't have bid against me when I bid on them so I don't advertise them. I am contemplating rockwells under a CUCV with A3 wheels so I can use up these tires. My wheels on the A3 have typical issues but for the way I operate the truck they will probably last just fine as well. I am not trying to sell you tires. If you want 4 tires, here some are. Have a great day!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
395s are stock on the current issue military trucks. They should be around for a while surplus. Around here, cement trucks have very similar tires and I am sure they are new. It should not be too hard to find "rubbers" for your vehicle.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
Jim, just keep your eyes open.... tires like this one come up from time to time. 0-miles and usually these MV/T's are not older than 2008. Also, note the price, for a complete tire/wheel assy.....!

G.

inksane

I am new to the MV's but if you can get a 22.5" wheel you have tons of tire options. I drive cement truck and we have some nice meaty tires on our trucks.

welldigger

I am new to the MV's but if you can get a 22.5" wheel you have tons of tire options. I drive cement truck and we have some nice meaty tires on our trucks.
The problem with 22.5" wheels is you would have to get custom made wheels. Big $$$$ for a one off set so to speak. However, it would be nice to have the much larger variety of tires to choose from.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks