• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I connect a 12V hoist pump across 24V on my bobbed M35 dump conversion.????

ballencd

IMG_5355.jpg
I finally replaced the 12 volt pump with a 24 volt pump. The difference in buying pieces to change the 12 vdc to 24 vdc vs buying a 24 volt pump complete was only about $200 so I figured it would make sense to be able to use the 12 volt pump on a different project. So that's what I did. The new 24 volt pump seems to work a bit faster then the 12 volt pump did and the batteries and charging system are not taking a hit anymore. Originally I was only using it for 1-2 dumps a month but when it started getting heavier use, it started acting up. Hopefully it will continue to work well. I am now going to install the winch using the PTO and driveshaft vs converting to hydraulic. I have given up on the idea of hydraulic pump operated off the PTO and drive both the dump and the winch with hydraulics, for the time being anyway. I did have to move the ground from the pump chassis to the motor case as the new motor has an isolated ground.
Thanks for all the input.