• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I connect a 12V hoist pump across 24V on my bobbed M35 dump conversion.????

ballencd

IMG_5355.jpg
I finally replaced the 12 volt pump with a 24 volt pump. The difference in buying pieces to change the 12 vdc to 24 vdc vs buying a 24 volt pump complete was only about $200 so I figured it would make sense to be able to use the 12 volt pump on a different project. So that's what I did. The new 24 volt pump seems to work a bit faster then the 12 volt pump did and the batteries and charging system are not taking a hit anymore. Originally I was only using it for 1-2 dumps a month but when it started getting heavier use, it started acting up. Hopefully it will continue to work well. I am now going to install the winch using the PTO and driveshaft vs converting to hydraulic. I have given up on the idea of hydraulic pump operated off the PTO and drive both the dump and the winch with hydraulics, for the time being anyway. I did have to move the ground from the pump chassis to the motor case as the new motor has an isolated ground.
Thanks for all the input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks