• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I drive a HMMWV in the AZ desert legally?

papakb

As long as the land is open for public use I don't see why not. BLM land should be OK and private property as long as it isn't posted as No Trespassing. The real issue is how are you going to get it there?

DukeNukem

In AZ to operate even an ATV off road it requires a permit tag on your vehicle. That's not a license plate BTW. You can license a ATV in AZ for on road use though.

tage

It's too big for orv decal.
Have to get regular reg. Then not drive it on the road. Or not even go that route and just drive it off road. Will be wise to get liability.

Don't forgot to run red diesel

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of dirt roads are county and state maintained roads. I have been pulled over out in the deserts in New Mexico by sheriffs officers way far from town and residences. I think they would still require registration and insurance. BLM does not allow going off the beaten path, yet there are very few BLM rangers

DukeNukem

A lot of dirt roads are county and state maintained roads. I have been pulled over out in the deserts in New Mexico by sheriffs officers way far from town and residences. I think they would still require registration and insurance. BLM does not allow going off the beaten path, yet there are very few BLM rangers
This isn't NM though. The desert where I'm at are dirt roads and not county roads. AZ is a virtual spider web of dirt roads.

quickfarms

You'd be surprised what they consider a road. I had one pull me over and want to see plates for my 5ton. (Had them with me, just not on it).

I thought I was miles from roads..
Technically, at least on paper, there are a lot of dirt roads that are legally roads.

Almost all section lines are technically a road.

A road does not have to be paved or maintained to be considered a road.

I have run across this in almost every state.

Enforcement is a different issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks