• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I jump pins on the float sensor to work around no fuel shutdown and light? MEP-802A

Zero House Co

I reached my hand into the tank and felt the end of the float. It felt in one cohesive piece and was moving up and down freely. So can I verify if it is bad by jumping pins on the connector to send a constant 'full' signal. That will tell me if the float is bad and also I want to bring the gennie to an event on Monday if I can verify operation this weekend. I'll replace the float soon if I verify it's bad.

So which wires would I jump on this float connector?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Ray70

Or maybe this mess is the problem. I'll fix this first.
Where is that mess connected, to the float control module mounted down beside the fuel tank?
If so, it looks like maybe someone else already attempted to bypass it.
If they did it correctly and it is still causing problems, your float module may be the problem.... seen that twice before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks