• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I put 2 M105 trailers on 20 ft car trailer

chvss65

can I do this,, I think it will work,, with tongues up or down,,,but looking for suggestions and if anybody has done this,,,,Ive searched for an answer to no avail
Thanks in Advance

sail-bum

Make sure you have a good trailer, and they will work. A friend loaned me his car hauler flat bed trailer, it had the length but not the weight capacity. The trailer simply sat down on the tail end.

Dave08

Had 4 M105A2 trailers on my 20' flat bed car hauler; they were stacked upon each other. They fit but the weight did not allow transport. Had to take two off and haul them two at a time. I know for a fact that two will fit on your trailer and it will be a weight issue; be careful.
Dave08

Bighurt

Big Hurt can we get a picture of that Trailer!!!!!

:mrgreen:
Glen is of course exaggerating...:cookoo:

Nice trailer, I opted out of the purchase as it didn't have a pop-up beaver tail and had a stupid mount for the spare.

Other than that it was a nice trailer. 36' GN by Diamond C. They make a 40' that a friend has if I need to borrow one again. Of course my M871 is handy as well.

Trailer with load was just over 17250...Ford lists my max tow at 15200...

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Be sure to put the tongue on the floor. Don't use the jack. It will make it top heavy and sway unnecessarily, regardless of how well you secure it. Some people do it, I tried it, didn't like it, and like a low center of gravity. The lower the better. Two will go with no problem. The weight on the trailer will come in at 5100 pounds. Add the towing trailer weight, and consider your hauler and it's capacity to tow. I hope you do have brakes.
You'll need them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks