• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can Nordic hvac units be run on shore power

JackMS

Looking at these various units. We want to put a big one or a few small ones to heat/ cool a shop. I see connection for current sensing on some of them. Can they be used on shore power? Our shop has 120/208 3 ph.

Recently found and joined this sight. What a wealth of knowledge here. Not many sights like this one

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If it's a 120/208 unit and you have that correct 3phase power then yes. The military stuff is usually wye configuration with 3 120v legs to neutral and 208 between the legs themselves.

fpchief

Not trying to hijack, however on that A/C Unit...I have one and need a power cord for it. Anyone seen a source of supply? I know i can call HDT/NordicAir but would like to find it surplus. I will make a post on the wanted in classifieds also.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Post a pic of the unit and data plate. I have some of the manuals. The connectors can be ordered it's not hard to make the cable.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
MS3106F18-11S should be the correct plug. Same connector at the TQ generators use for paralleling. But the paralleling cable is not rated for the power draw of the AC unit. Nice little unit though. I have one.

fpchief

Do you have any pics of your A/C set up and being used? It is of no good without my MEP 803 due to 3phase power.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a 5 ton Nordic unit I use. I have played with the smaller ones but I don't have anywhere to install them. One day I may have a specific use though. The 5 ton unit is duct it's easier to adapt. I run that off an 803a. Only takes around 4000 watts when running. The older 5 ton AC units need more than the 10kw can put out just to get the compressor started. Plus the 5 ton has a nice heater coil makes a good load bank for testing the 10kw gens. Runs around 80% capacity gives the gen a good workout.

Poccur

Yes you can use on shore power. Units usually have a phase monitor that will lock out the system if you phase it wrong. Simply swap two phases and when it fires up, you are good.
What model do you have? Got a pic of the data plate?

Cheers
Poccur

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
One of the GA ones? That look almost new? Nice units they crank. Only issue is they are all R22 refrigerant which is expensive. If its charged then you are good. If not you can probably find a hvac guy to charge it with nu22.

JackMS

One of the GA ones? That look almost new? Nice units they crank. Only issue is they are all R22 refrigerant which is expensive. If its charged then you are good. If not you can probably find a hvac guy to charge it with nu22.
Yes- got it in GA. Label states r22 which is ok because we use it for a lot of the older bus AC systems. Hopefully still charged up though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks