• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone identify the pipe and the paint?

edgephoto

View attachment 417503View attachment 417504
We're still not fully clear how the auxiliary fuel system connects. The photos above show the rotating cap with the rubber seal that is being called the top of the auxiliary fuel adapter. One photo with the lever down, the other with the lever up. Up reveals a fuel connector fitting. The cap does not appear to be removable without disassembly. The TM, and I checked the 1977 and 1988 editions, do not mention or illustrate this cap. What's its function? What would that fuel connector fitting go to?

So far as TM illustrations, it would appear, though the manual doesn't describe this, that the lower elbow on the auxiliary fuel pump is what connects to a flexible line to an auxiliary fuel supply. Makes sense for that intake to be on the fuel pump.

Could there be yet another manual for the 003A dedicated to connecting to a fuel supply? In addition to the obvious things it would include specs such as fuel line lift height limits, and pipe diameter recommendations. Just because it looks to my eyes like it takes a 3/8" line doesn't mean it does.
Just lift the lever and wiggle it out. That is only a storage location for the drum adaptor. You then screw the tube(s) into the bottom of that adaptor and insert it into a drum or jerry can and connect the hose from the adaptor to the aux fuel pump. Here is a picture of what the drum/jerry can adaptor looks like. Yous is just stuck.$(KGrHqF,!jUE9GfS+cc3BPYSL6E0Cg~~60_57.jpg

reybo

That clears it up. Thanks, all.

In real world home generator use, what sort of economy does an 003a give the people using them? GPH in a 48-hour outage. I've seen estimates but no 1st hand user reports.

Jimc

Well thats because it depends on how much load you are putting on it. 1/2gal hr at 1/2 load. 1 gal hr at full load. Average house i would expect 12-14 gal per day

Triple Jim

For one more data point, when I power my whole house with my 003A I'm using just about 1 gallon per hour. I'd expect a little more than 2 days with a 55 gallon drum of fuel. Load is 40% to 50% most of the time, with peaks close to max, and valleys at 25%.