• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone identify this?

richter1978

I pulled the oil pump on the M1028 the other day and this came out of the pick-up screen. Looks to me like a needle bearing with a small part cut out of the end. I know the picture quality is terrible, but it gives an idea of size. I hope that it fell into the oil fill tube, not fall from lower end. Thanks!

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a tape meassure to me......................LOL

Looking thru the TM 9-2320-289-34p and TM 9-2815-237-34P parts manuals, the only roller needle bearings listed in the engine are in the injector pump.

Hopefully it is was just along for the ride.

Last edited:

davey8943

Richter.

Maybe with a better picture I would have a fighting chance at ID'ing it...

That being said, it doesn't appear to be damaged in any way. That maybe a good sign....

Any information about the engine? Has it been recently rebuilt? Any major repairs lately? What caused you to pull the oil pump? Was it on the pan side or pump side of the screen?

Sorry for all the questions, but no answers!

Good luck,
Dave

richter1978

Thanks guys, this vehicle was privately owned before I got it. In doing work on it I've noticed that bolts and studs don't match up to TM's. I'm guessing there's been some questionable work performed. The piece in question came from the oil pan side of the pick-up screen. You can't see from the picture, but the end is slightly bent and missing a chunk.

nattieleather

Does the truck run ok? Any issues with the motor? If no to both then I wouldn't worry about it. Just something that's hitched a ride....Maybe the former owner broke his watchband while working on it.... :lol:

jimmy-90

LOL all I can really tell you about that pin is that it's not supposed to be roaming around in the oil pan. Hopefully it is just a forign object and didn't come from some part in the motor. I guess all you can really do is just keep running it and see if any part of the motor starts screwing up. Unless someone on here can actually identify what it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks