• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone please provide me with these spring dimensions?

dma251

I am getting ready to install the cargo box on my hemtt, but I need to buy some of the springs that go on top of the bed-mounts up at the front of the cargo box where it bolts to the frame. They are so the frame can flex, and 5-tons and Deuces have them too.

If anyone has a 5-ton and can give me the general dimensions of one of their springs I would really appreciate it. Specifically the length, width, and if possible the spring wire diameter.

I was just planning on going through Mcmaster-Carr and order up 4 of them instead of trying to find the specific hemtt springs through Oshkosh.

Thanks

pa.rich

RE: Can someone please provide me with these spring dimensio

I have a 5 ton dumper and the springs measure 1 3/4" 0.d. The wire diameter is 1/4". They were about 5" long and I snugged them down a little to 4 1/2". There is a 8/1/2 inch 3/4" fine threaded bolt going thru it with a locknut on it. The inside of the spring is bushed on each end because the inside of the spring is abot 1 1/4" and the bolt is 3/4" so that may be difficult to get unless you have a lathe. The other thing you can do is take a large nut and weld a thick washer on the side of it to make the bushings. Hope this helps you. I got mine from one of the brothers on Steel Soldiers for $30.00 . Maybe someone has a set?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks