• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can super single tires be replaced with 11R22.5 civilian tires?

ichudov

We are still thinking how we will put the semi tractor to work hauling my surplus stuff, forklifts and scrap metal.

The tractor has super singles. One aspect of this decision to consider, when these military tires wear out, can I replace them with 11R22.5 tires, I have a full set in my yard from some scrapped trucks. Is that doable if I buy a proper spacer? Thanks

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short answer - Yes.

Long answer - Anything is possible. Wheels are the bigger issue - keep in mind that most military trucks use stud piloted wheels/hubs and most modern civilian stuff is hub piloted.

Scarecrow1

I for one don't like super Singles for hauling any kind of weight. I have to go with the tried and true redundancy of Duels. Now for if the tires you have will fit just ask a local tire shop. If they are willing to be liable for putting them on then it's a sure bet they will work. I know it sounds like a cop out answer but, it is always best to go to the people who are professional and will stand behind their work in court. Not Bubba who took the tires off his mobile home and put them on his truck and loves the look :)