• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can this be hooked up?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got me a brand new HMMWV 3500 rpm tach.

Can this be hooked up in a CUCV? If so, I will fabricate a custom mount on the transmission hump. But I want to make sure it can be wired properly before I expend the effort to build the mount.

Thanks in advance for your imput.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A search for "humvee tach" will yield 13 results. Did you read them?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I did do the search and did read through the results. Many of the posts were related to questions regarding how to hook up a mechanical HMMWV tach in a CUCV. I could not find any posts related to my specific tach, which is all electric and requires 24 volts + and - as well as Signal + and -.

I have never seen this type of tach before, nor can I find any information about it. I was hoping that a fellow SS could steer me in the right direction for correct hook-up and operation. I want to make sure it will work before fabricating a custom mount for it.

papercu

Wouldn't work unless you had the sending/adapter unit for the engine. If you find that, it should.
Would there be a difference unit for a turbocharged HMMWV? Wayne

cpf240

You could try hooking it up the the tach buffer output that goes to the STE/ICE diagnostic port, but without knowing what it expects for the signal, who knows?

Maybe check one of the NSN databases and see if you can contact one of the suppliers for tech info. Though I must say I wound up going in circles with a Stant rep trying to find info on the CUCV fuel cap that they supposedly supplied to Uncle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks