• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can this be repaired?

Namzzaj

I recently bought a 1966 M35A2. This is leaking fuel from the end of it. I think this has to do with the Intake Manifold Flame Heater. Can this be repaired or do i need to find a replacement? If I do need to find a replace does anyone know where I might find one. Thanks

Attachments

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I opened mine and replaced the O-Ring inside. It fixed the leak. Do not know if the valve would work right - never tried it after.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one I replaced the o ring and two more I just took the whole thing out. Never really have the occasion to use it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Namzzaj

Mine is still working and does help start on colder days. I will pull it off and try replacing the oring. My truck has not been modified and want to keep it as close to original as I can

18operator

Mine was leaking right onto the turbo. I just bypassed it. I have no problems starting on a cold day without the flame heater.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you remember where you got an o-ring from or the size

Do you have the old one? If you have a Grainger's nearby they can give you a pack of 10. I just did this a few months ago with a 5 inch or so o-ring for my backhoe hydraulic filter. $17 or so for a bag of 10.

(They don't sell one at a time.)