• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can this be right?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im thinking it's some moron who doesnt know much about these trucks.... rebuilt in 1990 or 92, not a doubt. BUILT then, no way. AMG had the last contract in the late 80's of M35A2's......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Judging by the 0540 vin prefix it should be an early 80s or late 70s truck. Kaiser Jeeps were from around 63 thru 69.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you read the auction CLOSELY, it says it's a US BLM vehicle, sold by the state of OREGON, but is currently in LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ.

HUH? Does ANY of that make any sense? Skip the part where they don't know diddly about MV's in general and this deuce in particular.

But since WHEN does the STATE of Oregon sell US GOVERNMENT PROPERTY through a COMPANY in Arizona? What, there wasn't a company that could screw this sale up in Oregon? And this Arizona company is selling it through EBAY?

HUH?

This one is scary.

I sent the seller an e-mail explaining that the manufacture date was incorrect and was given the following answer.

That is stated in the listing. It was rebuild in 92. According to the feds thats when it was made since they take it to the frame on rebuilds.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think someone is pilling it a little high? If that is the case, then shoudn't it be listed as a 92 since that is the date they say it was rebuilt?

Katch1

yaeh I saw this also, and red flags flew, if the guy doesn't know the right year or manf., something is suspect. yes I saw the detroit in there, and I have seen these pics of the same truck on e-bay before !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks