• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can you buy a deuce from the base?

dobyg75

Hi everyone ok so I recently went on a road trip to pa and along the way saw a lot of surplus vehicles. so i got to thinking could you possibly get one of the bases to sell you surplus items with out going through GL? I did some searching on the old forums but no luck maybe you guys have some incite?

Thanks Bryan

wsucougarx

simple answer no. The US Gov't has contracted with Gov't Liquidation to sell off it's surplus. GL is responsible for getting rid of everything from scrap metal to demilled B-52's etc.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As wsucougarx mentioned you can not get them right from the base but there are a couple of other alternative sources (other then private sales). They show up in GSA auctions every now and then. Plus check with your state agencies for military surplus. In Alaska a lot of the trucks from DRMO never make it to GL auctions as the state grabs them up to auction off themselves.

Ruppster

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks