• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you guys I.D. this truck?

IRWFO

I took a lot of pictures of what was on the GL lot when we picked up Spentshells Deuce on Friday. I will have his pictures & video up tomorrow. I took a pic of this truck because it just doesn't look familiar to me. What is it and what are the plates on the rims for? Thanks.

Attachments

IRWFO

Ok, that was too fast. Next question. I know I was reading about the A3's sometime this year. For some reason this looked different then I remember seeing in a magazine that's why I asked what it was. Was the A3 made that way or was it converted from an A2?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The short story is the Army sent AM General 2 M35A2's.. AMG took the 2, and rebuilt ONE of them into an A3, stripping parts off the other, and adding A3 specific parts.. I dont know how many total we built, but they were all "2 trucks to make 1"

Elwenil

They are just odd with the up sloping hood and the headlamps out on the fenders. I like the old M35s also, but I think the A3 has a few improvements that make it very interesting and the looks aren't bad really. Sort of like an older International truck you can keep the CTIS though, lol.

One odd question, was their ever any A3s with winch? I can't recall ever seeing a pic of one.

acetomatoco

A lot were converted from earlier versions, but too much stuff to go wrong and not easy to fix in field... Power Steering, ctis, auto trans, dual brakes, probably even a makeup mirror...

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, you guys :twisted: :lol: :drool: rofl that're saying all those negative things about the A3, scroll back up and look at that pic.

Imagine the tears streaming down from those headlights! :cry:

For shame!

(Come on now, let's hear it. You like the A3! Just a little???) :p

Can't hate something because it looks funny. Heck, if that were the case, not many of us would be here at all. (Now don't run with that!! I know there are plenty who know what I'm getting at!) :lol: