• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you I.D this clutch/ tranny Part?

rolling18

Heya I was unbolting a plate from under the bell housing with 6 1/2 in. bolts in order to "clean it out' I A W another thread BUT in addition to a bit of oil this metal piece came out as well!!

any one know what is is or what its for??
is it broken from another part?
where should it go?

truck runs fine, just some mild slippage under hard throttle up a hilll.

Attachments

rolling18

What do the TM's say?
please forgive the sarcasm. but not knowing where it came from or what part of the clutch or transmission it came from I dont really know where to start looking

i have about 10 manuals with several hundred pages each, and endless diagrams, I tried looking throught each one page by page image by image, it would take years to look for that specific part provided i knew something about it hehe

and yes i would try the "search" button but you have to have some starting point or refrence..

Derrickl112

please forgive the sarcasm. but not knowing where it came from or what part of the clutch or transmission it came from I dont really know where to start looking

i have about 10 manuals with several hundred pages each, and endless diagrams, I tried looking throught each one page by page image by image, it would take years to look for that specific part provided i knew something about it hehe

and yes i would try the "search" button but you have to have some starting point or refrence..

SS search would be usless in this case.

I fall alseep everytime i even THINK about looking through the TM's...but they have been helpful a few times.

Good luck

rolling18

I got my hand up in there and ALMOST had it put back on .. then "fling" it went somewhere in the clutch/ housing area never to be seen again!! sooo i hope it holds together with only one retaining spring.

the clutch still operates well with no noise.. I dont know how long it has been out :confused: but ill know where to look if/ when something goes Kaput!!:shock:

Westech

CPL
That "spring" pulls the bearing back so if you loose both it may ride on the fingers and really mess things up. Not to mention where did that spring go? What is it going to grind up? Not good my boy not good at all.

rolling18

exactly my thoughts!! but what can I do.. just wait and see..:shock: alas, I not a mechanic and dont know any. nor do I have the heavy tools or money to get them.

SMOKEWAGON66

try getting a flexible magnet and see if you can fish it out....as they said, these are kinda important. Even though your not a mechanic, this should be relatively easy fix. an inspection mirror and a flashlight might come in handy too....and if your were a wee bit closer id come help...since i just rebuilt my trans. and put in a new clutch.

rolling18

yea that would be really cool but i could not locate the retainer anywhere i can reach I think it went behind in the clutch assembly somewhere. I wonder where i can get another?

SMOKEWAGON66

yea that would be really cool but i could not locate the retainer anywhere i can reach I think it went behind in the clutch assembly somewhere. I wonder where i can get another?
maybe Eriks military surplus or eastern surplus..email and ask them, im sure they could hook you up.

Erik's Military and Industrial Surplus - Military Vehicle Parts, Industrial and Military Surplus Electronics

M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive, Parts, Truck Parts, M35 parts, M35A2 parts, Deuce and a half parts, Reo parts, 5 ton parts, M900 parts, military vehicles for sale,

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try to put the cover back on and start the truck. Chances are that if it's in the clutch assembly somewhere, it will sling it out and you find it laying in the bottom of the bellhousing again.

There's also a chance that it could damage something doing this if it's in a bad spot but if you can't find it this may be your only option short of pulling the trans.

rolling18

You might try to put the cover back on and start the truck. Chances are that if it's in the clutch assembly somewhere, it will sling it out and you find it laying in the bottom of the bellhousing again.
thats kinda what im hoping for too ill check again tomorrow after the rally in Roy WA,!