• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you identify this component of a Generator trailer?

JOECOOL48

I can never figure out how they decide what needs a EUC and what does not. About a year ago I bought a generator trailer like yours and had to wait for EUC to clear. This past March I purchased the same type trailer with a 5kw generator that did not need a EUC. I know "it's the government we are dealing with."

Isaac-1

My guess is their logic is / was that many people buy generators either to prepare for or after natural disasters (say during a particularly bad hurricane season) and it would be bad PR to hold up a person from picking up their generator after their whole community has been wiped out. Therefore they dropped the EUC requirement on generators, which included trailers that had generators mounted on them.

Ike

dependable

I think the EUC designation is sometimes more random than that. There is currently a 80's civy gas pickup on auction at a certain site with an EUC on it. Someone clicked a button on a computer form.

unclebeau

According to the GL rep I was speaking to about how the EUC is applied, he told me that it all depends on where the monies came from for the item being sold. He pointed to two pallets of new Goodyear tires and told me that one lot had an EUC while the other did not. He told me that the one with EUC had a paper trail back to some budget code that the item was paid for from a "classified" project AKA black program.

Theirs no reason for it, it's just our policy!

glassk

http://hosted.comm100.com/KnowledgeBase/What-Is-A-Demil-Code-_A18.aspx?id=18&siteid=157318

A demil code is a code assigned by the Federal Government that identifies the level of demilitarization required. Demilitarization refers to the reutilization of property previously used in the government sector into the public sector. All lots will have one of the following three codes:

• Demil code A - Demilitarization not required. No restrictions on resale.

• Demil code B - Demilitarization not required. Restrictions do apply. Trade Security Control (TSC) approval is required prior to sale completion.

• Demil code Q - Demilitarization not required. Restrictions do apply. Trade Security Control (TSC) approval is required prior to sale completion.

Demil B and Q property are auctioned together within Demil B/Q events and require the completion of an End-Use Certificate to be approved by Trade Security Controls (TSC). These lots will be identified with an exclamation point inside a red circle below the Lot Title. Demil B or Q property cannot be sold to any foreign entity.

3dAngus

Equipment ID solved... partially

It turns out, it is some kind of automatic switch for a two generator system, with a primary and secondary generator.
There are two inputs for the primary and secondary, and strangely enough, there are two outputs, for primary and secondary. I would have thought there would have only been one. I haven't completely my research on it, but it is a very handsome interior of electronics, wiring and controls. The outside had a power led which still had the original plastic protective sheet over the lens where a user would read the power.
Very nice unit, but I don't know what I would ever do with it. :-?

Here's some better pictures I took before my batteries went dead on the camera again. Seems like the rechargeables are leaking because I fully recharged these a week ago but have not used it since.

Anyway...

Attachments

glassk

4.4.3.6 Automatic Transfer Panel Kit, 50/60 Hz. This kit is used to
automatically connect a standby generator set to the load in the event of
primary power failure. The transfer panel continuously monitors the primary
source and when the voltage or frequency decreases to a preset value, it will
start the standby generator set, and transfer the load when the generator set
frequency and voltage meet minimum requirements. The transfer will be
break-before-make, thus there will be a momentary loss of voltage to the load.
When primary power returns and meets minimum requirements for a predetermined
time, the transfer panel will transfer the load back to the primary power
source. After transfer of the load back to the primary power source, the
standby generator set will run at no load for five minutes, shut down, and
automatically cycle the generator set controls for standby operation. The
transfer panel also permits starting of the standby generator set for a test run
without disconnecting the load from the primary power source. If during the
test run primary power should fail, the load will automatically be transferred
to the standby generator set. The transfer panel is fully enclosed and may be
wall or base mounted. It is designed for operation in ambient temperatures from
+125° F to -65° F and provides power for the electric winterization kits which
are required when using this kit to assure starting of the set within 20
seconds. Batteries of the standby generator set are maintained in a fully
charged condition by the internal transfer panel battery charger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks