• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you identify this part?

OGRE

Stripping down the HMMWV getting ready for paint. This part was bolted to the windshield frame between the supports for the passenger side sun guard. Two wire cables can attach on one end. The aluminum rods slide in the holes and can be removed with quick detach buttons. They are secured from being lost by the wires. The aluminum blocks were inside the windshield frame for the 4 bolts to thread into. I wonder if it has to do with grounding cables but have no idea. On the side it has: 01365ASSY09006P1210. I looked through the parts manuals around electric and radio equipment and did a net search on the numbers and found nothing. I am sure a knowledgeable person here knows what it is. I have no use for it I'm sure but it is an interesting piece of Kit.IMG_4219.JPGIMG_4220.JPG

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Separate the numbers a little
01365 ASSY 09006P1210
and it comes up as a bracket of some type for the marine corp.
That's all I could find, but from looking at it it looks like some type of mount for a fold down assembly, probably some type of antenna mount.

Don't suppose you have any pictures of it still mounted to the truck? Or can at least set it back in place for a picture? that might help jog someone's memory.

OGRE

This is where it was located. The bolts on the windshield frame held the Sun Visors. They have been removed for cleaning and I'm getting ready to paint.
I know my Vehicle was Army Issue but the windshield frame was put on as part on a slantback kit. There is also empty holes out front where I believe a snorkel was mounted to it may have come from a USMC vehicle.IMG_4221.JPG

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh, on the inside.

My guess is it's the bracket for mounting a display for the vehicle commander as part of the Driver's Vision Enhancer system. Most likely one pin is supposed to be in the center hole, then the other is for either the down position or the up/stowed position of the monitor.

Guyfang

Staff member
Separate the numbers a little
01365 ASSY 09006P1210
and it comes up as a bracket of some type for the marine corp.
That's all I could find, but from looking at it it looks like some type of mount for a fold down assembly, probably some type of antenna mount.

Don't suppose you have any pictures of it still mounted to the truck? Or can at least set it back in place for a picture? that might help jog someone's memory.
Here is a helping hint when looking up parts.
01365ASSY09006P1210

01365 is the CAGE code. That's the company that supplied the part to the Gov. Not always the folks who made it.

ASSY is military speak for Assembly.
09006P1210 is the part #.

It is listed as:
Bracket, Vehicular Components
MRAP
Commanders Viewer Kit

AAVP7

These brackets are in many of the USMC M1045A2s there were auctioned off in the last years. Mine got one, too.

In my vehicle, a white double cable ran down from the bracket along the RH B-pillar to the batteries, so that was probably voltage being supplied to whatever was at that bracket.

I googled some numbers, too, and also came out with a possible hint to a commander´s viewer for the DVE system, but I never found a picture of that screen.

If you find something, please keep us updated. Might be cool to put up a replica screen there.

OGRE

Thanks for the Info. As soon as I'm done painting I'm going to dive into this. Have to decide if I want to re-install the assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks