• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you identify this unique truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

41 GMC

​I spotted this a few years back at a painting facility here in Seattle, I was told it was a custom made for the navy, transporter for ordinance of an undisclosed nature, it would be great to see the responses for this rig, I assure you, its unique, and not something that you will see everyday.

Enjoy,
Dennis.

IMG_3756.jpgIMG_3755.jpg

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an earlier rig from Cometto. An Italian firm who builds specialty trailers for hauling ships, rocket engines, solid fuel boosters, large mining equipment etc. As the technology has advanced, they have developed self propelled trailers. I think the space shuttle is moved on a Cometto.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked up the Cometto website and they show a setup like the one in the pictures. If it was a Navy rig, perhaps it could have been used to move a mini sub?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this coming up on GL, GP, or gsa?

I ask because of where you posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks