• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you legally own a functional T34?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know about you, but this guy certainly can and does. The shield in front of his house certainly is no joke.

:drool::drool: DSC_0188_resize.jpg :jumpin::jumpin:

The guy has one operational T34, one partly stripped T34 for restoring, two engineers tracks based upon the T34, (maybe recovery or bridge layers) and a very nicely restored tracked wrecker. Unfortunately the equipment was still under wraps after the winter, but I will get some better pictures later. O jeah, throw in two Urals and two Tatras as small change.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
some pics

The one functional T34 and two T 34 based tracks "for heavy work", probably wreckers or bridge layers.

svab-krenovice_09.jpg svab-krenovice_17.jpg svab-krenovice_18.jpg

And the restored wrecker

svab-krenovice_23.jpg svab-krenovice_24.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They started to restore this tank. Than, as the guy told it, his sons decided that they actually wanted to spend their time on building a house to live with their families than continue rebuilding an old tank. Can you understand that? :-D :???:

So the engine is OK already, standing in a crate on his field. The tracks are laying around there somewhere as well (both in the last picture). So with his sons having other interests, he is considering putting an add up somewhere next month to sell the thing. Thinks it will take him a week, max two to shift it here in Europe for around 60 K $$. The new owner than probably will be without free weekends for a year or two, and Bob's your uncle, no more pestering neighbors. :beer:

Before I forget, the guy was, if I understand correctly, in the Army as a NCO tank mechanic.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He tells everybody he is using these Tatra's to earn his daily living. I think he just has them to have something strong enough to take out the engines and take off the turrets of his T34s.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but the gun would have been demiled.
I am not sure what "demiled" actually amounts to: pour concrete into the barrel, remove the firing mechanism?

Anyway, maybe for export, but at this moment would not bet on it, might actually be really and fully functional, would depend on when he bought it. This is the Czech army selling Russian "junk", not the US government.

rickf

He tells everybody he is using these Tatra's to earn his daily living. I think he just has them to have something strong enough to take out the engines and take off the turrets of his T34s.
Strong enough!? That first one could put the entire tank on top of a five story building!

Rick

Danger Ranger

OK, stay with me here, but I can't tell if you're joking Rayzer...I even went back to check, all I see are birch branches...maybe I'm blind?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strong enough!? That first one could put the entire tank on top of a five story building!

Rick

And then some. The very first pic with the shield has another crane standing behind the Ural. Not sure and I have to look the next time, but it might actually be the same as this one but repainted.

A lot of NCO's and officers went into early retirement, keep working in a new job and keep their Army pension as well, living quite comfortably from it, thank you very much.

rickf

And then some. The very first pic with the shield has another crane standing behind the Ural. Not sure and I have to look the next time, but it might actually be the same as this one but repainted.

A lot of NCO's and officers went into early retirement, keep working in a new job and keep their Army pension as well, living quite comfortably from it, thank you very much.

Another heavy lifter but not the same. Different cab configuration.

Rick

gunboy1656

I would guess if you fill out ALL of the paperwork, and bribe all the right people you can legally own a functional tank

Definitely an interesting collection, would be nice to look at but I would never be able to afford to run.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess if you fill out ALL of the paperwork, and bribe all the right people you can legally own a functional tank

Definitely an interesting collection, would be nice to look at but I would never be able to afford to run.
Getting our dump truck ready and to our museum is already over our head, let alone even thinking about owning his junk yard. We will invite him to the 10-year anniversary or a special MV event we might organize this summer

I will ask about the functionality next time. As to owning that collection, even the stripped tank is already beyond most peoples dreams..and buying a house or getting your kids through college would probably take precedence.

Darwin T

hi Robo McDuff,
is this in the czech republic? because, i don't think the United States Goobermint would allow a russian tank with a working cannon to come into the U. S. of A. as far as the rest of the tank working sure. i think there are two American Tanks for sales in the classified on this site. demilled if up for debate, it says reindered inoperable and can not be returned to operation. anything from cutting it with a torch to crushing it, for American stuff. i would bet a dollar the barrel is plugged or reamed out if it is here.

then again the importer may have said it was profiling to stop him and said he would sue and the customs agent wanted to be pollitically correct and let it in full of rounds.

tvoss

In the US you can legally own a fully functional tank. It has to be registered and you have to pay a tax, it is called a destructive device. You also have to register each live round separately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks