• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you title/license ex-military vehicles in Minn?

undysworld

Hi,

Is it legal for an individual to title & license a collector military vehicle (more than 20 years old) in Minnesota?

The Wisconsin DOT is stating that only a nonprofit organization can title/license such a vehicle in Minnesota.

How 'bout it you guys in Minnesota, do you own any old iron?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Underwood

608 437-3465 if you've got any questions

dittle

I've gotten a M105A2 titled normally with the MN "plicker". My M35A2 (that I still have) is titled as a "Military Collector" vehicle but it takes special criteria to meet the "military" part of it. The other M35A2 that I had and sold (was still on the RGN and sold within an hour of parking the semi) was just licensed as a "Collector" vehicle as I wanted the cheapest license since I had already sold the truck. So short answer is yes and I have not had an issue licensing it as a collector truck. My buddy licensed his with a regular plate but not sure of the specifics.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless something has changed yes you can. I have one deuce with regular "Y" plates and one with farm plates, other guys I have sold trucks to have licensed them as collector so I wouldn't think you would have a problem.

cyberspace_7

Yes the collector plates are the way to go unless you are going to use it as a daily driver! Even then though some officers don't care. But you will always run into that one that is "by the book". What are you looking at titling?