• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian govt scrapping 4 Leopard tanks

ryland

Can we ( U.S. citizens ) bid on Canadian stuff? :twisted:
I believe that you can bid, however being Canada there is a truckload of paperwork to fill out. Environmental issues such as how you are going to transport whatever you buy etc are a big part of it. If you contact Crownassets they can provide you with the paperwork. The main problem is finding somone who knows which paperwork to give to you. (it seems every time i call the federal government about somthing the person who deals with what i want is on vacation or somthing) A lot of this equipment is probably going to end up in china get melted down and turned into overpriced washing machines. Very Sad.

Wolf.Dose

Good luck!
Try to get one, it is a good tank for its time. But remember, a new set of rubber cushins is avaiable only from Diel in Nürnberg, for some 10000 bucks. new track without rubber cushins is about 20000 bucks, a factory rebuilt engine will be some 80000 bucks plus. And a transmission is even more expensive.
Compared with that the 200 l of Diesel fuel for 60 miles is a present (on road) ;-).
The canadian Leopard have a semi automatic transmission which makes driving easier. But do not forget, nowaday most of the Armys give material for surplus if to expensive to repair for the government...
Wolf

m109guy

Yup it ended on the 22nd.

It did not sell. Likely do the very expensive cost to demil the tanks. It would cost thousands just to cut them up.

And as Wolf.Dose stated, they are just empty hulls, the cost of getting them running would have been way too much unless you have money to burn. Well that and having to weld them back together again.

Would be cheaper to make one out of plate steel yourself.

If you didn't have to cut them up for scrap metal, I would buy them. But even if they gave them away for free, I still wouldn't take them, as it would cost tens of thousands just to cut them up, then transport them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks