• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian m1010 auction feb 13

haggis6145

There is a nice looking CDN M1010 up for auction north of Toronto this weekend. 32k kilometres, which is roughly 19k miles. Here is the the link: www.ntva.ca

When you access the site, go to the run list and look in the 'Equipment' section. There are several photos. This auction is under contract to many federal, provincial and municipal agencies, as well as many private sector fleet companies. Up here, it performs the same function as GL for military vehicles, but without any of the rstrictions, EUC, title and transfer hassles. I have been there several times so if you have any questions, send me a message.

m109guy

Says the 27th on the site.

Looks pretty good. Sadly it will likely go for big bucks. I have seen a few for sale in the US without EUC's (bought before EUC's were issued for them) for pretty cheap lately.

I will be interested to see how much it goes for though. Looks to be in very good condition.

cucvcan

If I can get up there I will take a run at it. I thinks its the Feb 27th though. Does this truck have the 6.2L. I've heard that some Canadian trucks had gas engines.

m109guy

If I can get up there I will take a run at it. I thinks its the Feb 27th though. Does this truck have the 6.2L. I've heard that some Canadian trucks had gas engines.
Says it right in the auction listing. It does have the 6.2L. Maybe a few of the early ones had gas engines, but every one I have seen has a diesel.

Have fun at the auction. I have a very good feeling it will go for big bucks. If it wasn't so far away I would go take a look, but I don't feel like wasting the gas driving over there just to see it sell for a lot of money.

I just hope it goes to someone that will keep it the way it is and won't rip it apart to make a tool truck or something else out of it.

I have heard that there are many more coming up for the auction over the next year. Naturally the first ones will go for big dollars and the rest will be sold at more reasonable prices.

deucebigalo

Nice looking truck, says its up for auction on the 27th, not the 13th. Is there any kind of restrictions with bringing this truck across the US border? Like we have with our exports.

cucvcan

I'm not sure what problems you would have. I've never taken an MV across the border in either direction. I don't think Canada would stop you, but you maybe questioned by the US border guards. As I understand it there is not a problem with bringing MV's into Canada (as long as you pay the taxes) its finding someone to sell one to a Canadian (non American) in the states so that you can bring it back

m109guy

ATTENTION: Anyone who is interested in buying the truck. The auction company just revised the details on the vehicle as it is being sold as "unfit registration". In other words you won't be able to register it for road use. Just like what was done to the MLVW's. So if you buy it, expect to only drive it off-road or trailer it to events.

It also states that the vehicle is "non-operational". So most likely just like they did for the MLVW, they have removed parts. Expect to spend some extra money to get it running.

m109guy

Never mind. Found out on another military site.

This is what one person had to say about it after seeing it in person:

Anyway the truck looks better in the photos but it still isn't too bad. It doesn't run of course, drivers door bad, inner fenders rotten, exhaust rotten,
and so on. The ambulance body is pretty good except for the crunched rear step and the truck is pretty complete but rust in the usual places.
It sold for $2900.

Not bad, I expected it to go higher from the pictures. But as the guy said, it looked better in the pictures then it did in person. Rotten fenders, rotten exhaust, bad drivers door, truck not running and no registration is not a good combination.

Oh ya, here are some pictures for future reference since the page is no longer working.

Last edited:

m109guy

Yup.

MLU.

Let me know if you need a direct link to their thread.

Don't think anyone there won it (well no one stated they won it), but a few were likely there.

Heynow999

just FYI, UNFIT only means that it is uncertified. Basically it means that the sticker on the plate has expired and the vehicle must be ceritifed (safetied) before going on the road. You can drive it on the road after it is certified

WPNS421

I spoke to the owner of the M1010 and he told me that the damage was standard for a Chev/GMC, rust in the corners both doors were dinged, he estimates that it will cost about $1000 to buy all new replacement doors, inner fenders etc. He said he put new batteries in it, she fired right up. He drove it to as lub store had the oil changed and then drove her to Alberta about 1700 miles, didn't take a drop of oil and he got excellent fuel mileage.
He also told me that in the M1010 he has a dual voltage 12V/24V alternator, apparently it produces both currents for the truck, no DUVAC system. He is suppose to get back to me on the alternator. MTF

WPNS421

The M1010 went for about $3000. There is an auction this weekend with 3 M1010 in the Ottawa area. The guy who bought the M1010 drove it to Alta from Toronto. Beware of the description on the vehicles at auction.

Last edited:

maverick_935

I was thinking about going to that one but I did not think they were going that high. Seems really expensive for a 24 yr old truck. I thought they would go for less to justify driving all the way up there. Maybe another time I will find one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks