• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian M35 cab roof rack pics

LanceRobson

A while back I bought an M35A2 from GL that had a locally fabricated cab roof rack on it.

The rear was well supported with angle iron legs bolted to the cab. The rack was less than the width of the cab and didn't extend forward to the front of the cab. At the front of the rack it was bolted through the hard top a few inches back from the windshield edge and was cracking the top.

I'd like to fabricate a better rack, something like the roof racks I've seen in some pics of what I believe are Canadian trucks. They seem to be supported, in the front, on the windshield frame and seem to be the width and depth of the cab roof.

Does anyone have any good pics of one of these rack or can someone point me to a thread with pics?

Thanks

Lance

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
pay attention to m109guy's posts, one of them includes a pdf with fab instructions from the canadian military.

Last edited:

m109guy

The "make your own" rack is not as nice as the factory made ones for the MLVW's, but they still work very well and fit perfectly on a US M35.

Instructions are well made and you shouldn't have any problems if you follow them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks