• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian M35 (MLVW) For sale.

APM215

One of the SS members PMed me the other day to tell me that some MLVWs are up for auction on ICANs website and are located on the base next door to me.
I made a appointment to view them and boy was I disappointed with what I saw. I hope that not all of the Trucks their planing to sell are this bad and give us a chance to get some good stuff. The guy tells me that they may just be scraping them because of the liability factor of the brakes. I hope this is not the case but our government is not known for doing any thing that makes sence.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

June 20th, 2008.

WOW!!!! A Canadian Erector Set!!! Build your own Deuce outta about 5 of these..... Goes right along with the M15 you probably can't have either..... It would take a very determined individual to save one of these....................................
And what did the labor cost to dismantle them?

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 MB :beer:

Elwenil

I doubt they were dismantled just to sell. More than likely they have been picked over for parts for a few years to keep other trucks on the road. Our military does the same thing.

dabtl

Catch the tray in the space between the fender and bumper on the deuce with the winch.

And, who thought that was a new idea?

Crash_AF

Evilone said:
8.2 Liter "Fuel Pincher" Detroit Diesel with a 4 speed automatic Allison MT-643 with lockup modulator.
Is that what they run for a power plant in the Canadian ones or is that just something thrown in the bed?

Later,
Joe

Jakob

Crash_AF said:
Evilone said:
8.2 Liter "Fuel Pincher" Detroit Diesel with a 4 speed automatic Allison MT-643 with lockup modulator.
Is that what they run for a power plant in the Canadian ones or is that just something thrown in the bed?

Later,
Joe
I'm fairly new to the hobby here, but that's the first time I've ever heard of a Detroit being in a Deuce. Even if it's just in the bed, lol

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Canadian MLVW Deuces were built by Bombardier in Montreal under license. About 2700 or so were built in the early 1980'. They do have some upgrades, compared to the US M35A2, for example the Detroit Diesel, power steering, Allison Auto and the hydraulic winch, but they are not quite at the M35A3 standard.

Most notably, the Canadian Deuces still have the single circuit brake system.

As already mentioned, this fact may prove detrimental when the time comes to release these trucks from active duty. The government may decide to scrap them all, purely for liability reasons, rather than allowing trucks with what is deemed to be an outdated and potentially dangerous brake setup to enter another cycle of use in civilian hands.

Homesick

cattlerepairman said:
The Canadian MLVW Deuces were built by Bombardier in Montreal under license. About 2700 or so were built in the early 1980'. They do have some upgrades, compared to the US M35A2, for example the Detroit Diesel, power steering, Allison Auto and the hydraulic winch, but they are not quite at the M35A3 standard.

Most notably, the Canadian Deuces still have the single circuit brake system.

As already mentioned, this fact may prove detrimental when the time comes to release these trucks from active duty. The government may decide to scrap them all, purely for liability reasons, rather than allowing trucks with what is deemed to be an outdated and potentially dangerous brake setup to enter another cycle of use in civilian hands.
Watch your tongue. I sure hope not.

APM215

I have never driven the US trucks but I can tell you the Canadian trucks are way under powered. Just put your foot to the floor and leave it there until you have to stop. Less noise from the exhaust as it's under the bed and muffled but still enough to put you to sleep on those long trips.
And don't even think about keeping any speed on a hill unless your going down it.