• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian member here

Canadianz

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone here. I’ve been reading this site for quite some time but never felt required to post. I’ve got an M37CDn undergoing work, and an M38Cdn waiting to be finished as well.
Both trucks belonged to my father and were used on the farm where I grew up, so it is a bit of a labour of love for me to get them both back roadworthy.
Cheers,
Rob

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and the hobby.
You have two very nice trucks to bring up to spec sounds like.
Are you restoring them to military spec and colour?.
|Some pictures would be nice when you can around to it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone here. I’ve been reading this site for quite some time but never felt required to post. I’ve got an M37CDn undergoing work, and an M38Cdn waiting to be finished as well.
Both trucks belonged to my father and were used on the farm where I grew up, so it is a bit of a labour of love for me to get them both back roadworthy.
Cheers,
Rob
Welcome from Charlotte, North Carolina, USA!

In whatever state they are in... Pictures please. Posting them here will give you a record or your accomplishments - and all of us get the chance to see what you are working on. Happy to have you as a contributing member of the site for sure!!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the green board. If you need a hand navigating or some tutorials on posting pictures there's a ton of support behind the board.

I'm wondering if your family photo albums have some old jeep and M37 pictures inside? Seeing the green toys on the farm would make my day.

We just lost this Alberta made carrier to Ontario when the young lad moved back East. Lot's of good folk around your parts keeping the green......or beige and brown running.

Canadianz

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I’ll definitely have to dig up some pictures. I have great memories of learning to drive on the old dodge and filling it up with firewood to haul back from the woods. The M38 was used more on the trails through the woods, and pulling us on toboggans in the winter.

Currently the M37 is in my shop getting some much needed tlc, and the M38 is still in storage on the family farm for the moment. These are both slow projects, but my end goal is to have them restored, with original engine and drivetrains, and the only updates being a couple modern electrical updates on the engines for reliability, as the m37 is already 12v.
I’m not 100% decided on what colour to paint these trucks but I would like them to match, and look good. I have been having thoughts about painting them the bronze green that is used on Canadian armour like the Leopard.
I think I’ll do some more research before I decide for sure.
The main thing now is to get some time out in the shop to get some work done! And get a couple pictures up here..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks