• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CANCELLED: 2 1/2 ton and up "Big Truck" showcase at MVCC swap meet

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucks 2 1/2 Ton and Larger to be Featured at Camp Plymouth, CA in April 2020

At the largest annual swap meet and MV show in the West this April there will be three themed MV displays for a few hours each: Armor, Trucks 2 1/2 Ton and Larger, and HMMWV. The event will be April 15-19, 2020 in Plymouth, a 19th century mining village in the historic California Gold Country. What display happens on which day is yet to be determined. See general event details over on the Events forum or on www.MVCCNews.net

The Big Truck Showcase is for any military truck rated at 2 1/2 ton capacity or larger. Maybe we'll have one for small trucks next year! Vehicles in any condition are welcome, U.S. or foreign-made. There is no registration fee. As usual for these Spring meets there will be no formal judging but we will have a People's Choice Contest that all spectators are encouraged to participate in. We are working on finding a sponsor for cash awards.

There will be FREE multi-day display space for vehicles not parked in rented campsites because they don't fit or the owner is commuting from hotel or home. This will mostly be around the practice rodeo arena at Amador County Fairgrounds which is between our Tent Sector campground and the visitor parking lot (the event also takes place in the adjacent 49er RV Village and a path connects the two sides). The Showcase will be in the arena. Camping and or vending is also possible at the display site but a regular site rental fee will apply. Most MVs at these meets are parked in rented RV or tent campsites.

FREE tow rig parking, FREE visitor parking with NO ADMISSION FEE, and NO VENDOR FEE other than mandatory campsite or cabin rental for sellers. There is a loading dock. Vehicles may be driven inside the event.

Please help us get the word out to owners of these vehicles who might not read these forums, the magazine ads coming out soon, or the newsletter of the promoter, the Military Vehicle Collectors of California. If you send an email or post on another forum, copy the URL for this post and paste it as a link. If you can bring your rig, let the point of contact for the Big Truck Showcase; myself (bigmike), know your plans and if you need parking space other than in a numbered campsite. There is a different person for camping reservations.

Let's make this showcase one of the best ever!

Last edited by a moderator:

Major Asstyrd

The April 2020 Plymouth meet has been cancelled due to the virus. See the news on the event post over on Upcoming Events.

See you at the September Plymouth version. Scheduled for Sept 15-20, 2020.

And BTW, most people don't leave on Saturday at these meets. Some do because they have to drive a long ways. Some do because they have been there for four+ days. Some ran out of money shopping! But sellers can sell a lot on Saturday. Some visitors with or without MVs can only attend on the weekend.

placerman

I stayed until Sunday at both the spring & fall meets. I think Saturday is great to get the public involved too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks