• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CANCELLED: 2020 SoCal Spring Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attention MV fanatics and birdwatchers young and old the SoCal Spring Rally is set for the weekend of April 17th - 19th close to Fort Irwin.
Here are the coordinates to the camp 35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps
I'll be marking off the campsite with cones so as to not disturb surrounding plant life.

Saltydeuce will be providing the rally with a few truck loads of firewood for the community fire pit so we have a warm gathering spot and a place to share stories.

We will be having a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for a real good time and enjoy the view. When we get back from that I'll be grilling up some tacos for everyone there.

We will take the Crown Victoria Rally cars to use by everyone there (as long as you can pitch in a few bucks) How much? I will leave that up to you generous human people's to decide. Only requirement is that common sense be used while driving the rally cars and wearing a helmet. We have a helmet that you can use, but if you have one bring it.

We want to promote being good ambassadors of the desert so we ask that you pick up any trash that you see as well as packing up what you bring out.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmmm, no fireworks gig, wife works, that might work! Jeep or truck is the decision. I had a blast last year!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to fly into, etc? I don't have a vehicle so that also brings up a question: Transportation/lodging?
If you're flying in I think best bet would be to check flights in to Ontario Airport. You can hitch a ride with us going up we head out around noon Thursday from the San Bernardino/Riverside area and if we time it out right we can even pick you up from the airport. A few of us have extra camping gear that we can let you borrow.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmmm, no fireworks gig, wife works, that might work! Jeep or truck is the decision. I had a blast last year!
Decisions, decisions. I know Jeeps are fun, but them Jeeps can't bring out the firewood we take out. If you do come out bring some of them fireworks.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy if I end up going fly into Bakersfield if it’s any cheaper. You can ride with me. 5 ton probably won’t be ready for the trip but deuce will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbeeper17

I'm quite disappointed. The wife's birthday is on April 18th, and it's a big on this year. I don't think I can miss it to go play out in the desert. Suppose I'll just have to wait for the Fall Rally. The M1008 wants to go play!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm quite disappointed. The wife's birthday is on April 18th, and it's a big on this year. I don't think I can miss it to go play out in the desert. Suppose I'll just have to wait for the Fall Rally. The M1008 wants to go play!
Bring her along and we can all celebrate her birthday. We'll sing her happy birthday.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might want to check the requirements of where the campsite is, they are shutting down a lot of the Mojave areas and blocking access. Especially in the preserve. Due to the shelter in place orders, I’ve seen locked gates on a lot of the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BLM land....as of today....is open, they only request "social distancing". I had a friend coming from Az to Ca and they got stopped and questioned but no other issue, no ticket. State run places, like Ocatillo Wells, Hungry Valley, Pismo...Oceano Dunes...are closed as of noon last Monday the 30th of March. A few friends were at OW and the rangers told them they needed to vacate the premises by then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks