• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CANCELLED: 2020 SoCal Spring Rally

True Knight

Might want to check the requirements of where the campsite is, they are shutting down a lot of the Mojave areas and blocking access. Especially in the preserve. Due to the shelter in place orders, I’ve seen locked gates on a lot of the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily it’s not a campsite in the way they’re talking about. It’s just wide open desert. No improvements, no amenities.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the late post, but was hoping things would improve with this whole pandemic situation. We'll have to cancel the rally. We hope to see everyone in the fall.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda figured this would happen. It’s probably for the best. We all got families at home and that’s where we should be right now, and to ensure their safety. If you have this bug, apparently you don’t even show symptoms for 2 weeks. Hope you are all well and this can wait till the fall. Until then keep your trucks PMCS up and carry on.

Valor

I kinda figured that too was gonna happen. I had hoped to go on saturday but will see come fall. Take care everyone and stay healthy. I'll be working on my truck. Hope fuel prices stay low for a while.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to update: I was in Baker, CA (Also San Bernardino County) today and they would not let us in any businesses still open with a mask and gloves. The local sheriff even tried to issue us a citation for being in public without a mask. This is getting crazy in SB county.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
they would not let us in any businesses still open with a mask and gloves.
I think you meant "without".

It's not for your protection..... YOU might be carrying the virus, therefore it is for the protection of others.
Yes. That means if you don't respect the health of others, you are not welcome to be near them.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, without...typo, mea culpa.

It wasn’t the choice of the business, we are very welcome there, they were very apologetic and we know them well, it was the dept of health telling them they would pull their business license if people were seen in their business not following what they are demanding. I can understand that. As for the sheriff trying to cite us, the exact words were, “Your friend has no means of paying the fine or appearing in court for not following SIP, so I’m not going to cite you either.” This is in a town of about 300 in the middle of nowhere.

I will end this conversation before it turns political, I was merely emphasizing that the previously planned outing in the desert and not social distancing or SIP would probably not have been welcomed with open arms should the authorities catch wind of it.

10-7

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, without...typo, mea culpa.

It wasn’t the choice of the business, we are very welcome there, they were very apologetic and we know them well, it was the dept of health telling them they would pull their business license if people were seen in their business not following what they are demanding. I can understand that. As for the sheriff trying to cite us, the exact words were, “Your friend has no means of paying the fine or appearing in court for not following SIP, so I’m not going to cite you either.” This is in a town of about 300 in the middle of nowhere.

I will end this conversation before it turns political, I was merely emphasizing that the previously planned outing in the desert and not social distancing or SIP would probably not have been welcomed with open arms should the authorities catch wind of it.

10-7

Indeed. We are living in unprecedented times.

vvwilkins

Totally BLOWS! The Best thing we should be doing is getting Outside and Enjoying some fresh air and good times!!!

Rather than going off on a rant about wildly inaccurate university "C-19 projection models" and our media machine.... I'll simply Thank FASTNOVA for attempting to bring us all together again!!! I had a great time at the Fall 2019 SoCal rally and am looking forward to when we can hang out again! "This too shall pass" as my Grandma used to say...and she survived the Great Depression and WWII.... Just Say'in.... human existence has always had it's challenges....

Thank You FASTNOVA... See You & Crew Soon!
-V

ps: attached is the mask I had to fabricate after taking THOR out for a maintenance run following 6 weekends of replacing all 12 torque rod bushings...I have a cool American Flag themed dirt bike dust mask...sitting in the pickup truck...forgot to bring it with me on the maintenance run. Used a shop towel and 18" of velcro tape that I carry in THOR to fashion a mask to go into Stater Bro's...

Attachments

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the late post, but was hoping things would improve with this whole pandemic situation. We'll have to cancel the rally. We hope to see everyone in the fall.
Hopefully, this lockdown is over by then. Newsom seems to be giddy with power right now, so who knows?

m35a22ton

Attention MV fanatics and birdwatchers young and old the SoCal Spring Rally is set for the weekend of April 17th - 19th close to Fort Irwin.
Here are the coordinates to the camp 35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps
I'll be marking off the campsite with cones so as to not disturb surrounding plant life.

Saltydeuce will be providing the rally with a few truck loads of firewood for the community fire pit so we have a warm gathering spot and a place to share stories.

We will be having a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for a real good time and enjoy the view. When we get back from that I'll be grilling up some tacos for everyone there.

We will take the Crown Victoria Rally cars to use by everyone there (as long as you can pitch in a few bucks) How much? I will leave that up to you generous human people's to decide. Only requirement is that common sense be used while driving the rally cars and wearing a helmet. We have a helmet that you can use, but if you have one bring it.

We want to promote being good ambassadors of the desert so we ask that you pick up any trash that you see as well as packing up what you bring out.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Any chance of making it out there this year?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks