• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CANCELLED: Washington D.C. Memorial Day Parade 2020

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2020 Desert Storm Memorial Day Parade. 25 May 2020

We have been asked to bring military vehicles to the Washington, D.C. Memorial Day Parade. This is the one that goes right down Pennsylvania Avenue.

We are attached to the Desert Storm unit of the parade. You do not need to be a Desert Storm veteran to attend, just bring a military vehicle.

The organizers prefer to have period correct military vehicles, but will accept most any military vehicles. Many of the vets attending can not march in the parade and depend on rides from us. If you have troop carrier vehicles that would be helpful.

I am bringing a M1078 LMTV and M1009 CUCV. I may bring a couple HMMWVs too.

If you plan on attending, post what you will be bringing and also message me.

The packet has already been submitted for the Veterans marching in the parade. We can bring as many vehicles as we want, but I would like to know an approximate number of vehicles and how many people you can transport. I will submit the vehicle packet this week.

Once I hear back from the organizers I will update the parade meeting location and time. The Desert Storm group has set up a hotel group buy at the Sheraton in Pentagon City and the hotel is the current meeting location. If you would like to spend the night in the hotel, message me. The total price of fees for the hotel, including parking, is $134.

https://www.americanveteranscenter.org/avc-events/parade/

Attachments

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!
What unit are you with.
Are you driving your humvee or marching?
I am in the Desert Storm unit and the one organizing the military vehicles for the DS unit. I don't know what I am driving currently, but for sure I will be bringing a CUCV and HMMWV. If I get more drivers I can bring more of my vehicles.

bushw

Still looking for vehicles? I have the following: Tan 1985 HMMWV, CAMO 1993 M35-A3, and a CAMO 1978 M35-A2. I could probably bring the HMMWV, and the A3. If needed or wanted, I'd be happy to drive down from MI. Just let me know soon!

Ajax MD

I have secured a set of troop seats, so I'll be able to carry a load of veterans.

The troop seats require modification. I will either swap these seats for the exact-fit part or I will make the necessary modifications. Either way, I'll be ready.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have secured a set of troop seats, so I'll be able to carry a load of veterans.
The troop seats require modification. I will either swap these seats for the exact-fit part or I will make the necessary modifications. Either way, I'll be ready.
Great to hear. Just got the parade info packet in the other day. Spoke with some friends of mine that are in the parade every year in another unit. They recommended to get there much earlier than I had expected. Their recommendation was to get their early, get lunch, and wait for it to start.

Ajax MD

Great to hear. Just got the parade info packet in the other day. Spoke with some friends of mine that are in the parade every year in another unit. They recommended to get there much earlier than I had expected. Their recommendation was to get their early, get lunch, and wait for it to start.
What's in the packet? I haven't received one.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's in the packet? I haven't received one.
Time, location, and vehicle permits. Because I am the organizer I got the packet. I'll have more after May 8th. I'll need to either meet up with or send the vehicle permit to whoever is driving a military vehicle. I have to be up in DC a day before for something else so I might be able to get them to everyone then.

Ajax MD

Time, location, and vehicle permits. Because I am the organizer I got the packet. I'll have more after May 8th. I'll need to either meet up with or send the vehicle permit to whoever is driving a military vehicle. I have to be up in DC a day before for something else so I might be able to get them to everyone then.
I'll PM you my email and mailing address for any correspondence.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still looking for vehicles? I have the following: Tan 1985 HMMWV, CAMO 1993 M35-A3, and a CAMO 1978 M35-A2. I could probably bring the HMMWV, and the A3. If needed or wanted, I'd be happy to drive down from MI. Just let me know soon!
Looks like my reply didn't go through in the past. You are more than welcome to attend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks