• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cannibalizing lesser vehicles

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As much as I love my deuce I'm always trying to find ways to make driving it less miserable. .
Driving your deuce is miserable? I find mine quite therapeutic. No matter what anyone says, remember, it's your truck, do as you please.

Snarky

I'm very happy to have gotten some good responses, even if it did take till the second page, what is up with the DEUCE "MODIFICATION" AND "HOT-RODDING" section, it's crazy guys, even thread theirs like a struggle between the modders and the historians (they have their own section). It's more funny than anything.

Driving your deuce is miserable? I find mine quite therapeutic. No matter what anyone says, remember, it's your truck, do as you please.
I should have used a better choice of words. The deuce is exactly like it's supposed to be. It's a big, old dumb, military mule. It's brutish at best. It's awesome, awe inspiring. If you drive it to the mall, or the feed store you're mister cool. However. No one cant disagree that it's loud (c-turbo), hot, tough in stop and go traffic and lights, and hard to park in tight situations. I drove the bastard across the country, I have gotten the deuce experience, I've driven mine farther and probably half of the other owners of them. Now I want to keep improving it to the best of my ability. I have a full shop and skills and I want to discussing modding with other modders in the modding section of the forum.

:)

stumps

Stumps, if you reread my post, you'll see that I agree with just about everything you said. Yes, the engineers did a great job of designing a great truck. But compromises had to be made to make it work well in all areas it was designed for. Change the use of the vehicle outside of what it was designed for, and you'll start noticing shortcomings (no fault of the engineers, just the owner of the truck).
Jim
Hi Jim,

I wasn't disputing what you said, just augmenting.

-Chuck

Chinookpilot77

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but the international bus is most likely going to have an international 7.3 liter in it...yes, it is the same engine used in the ford pickups until about 02-03 or so....

Dont just limit your options to a bus, any diesel pick up truck engine is going to give about the same power...roughly 300hp and 600ft-lbs for each of the ford, dodge and chevy engines.

6X6 ALL THE WAY

I love driving my truck. power steering would be nice. But I think my truck stops pretty good. I had to make a quick stop for a stop light once when i first got it and it stopped a lot quicker then I thought it would. Heck it stops alot quicker then my 98 dodge 3/4 ton. I want a eaton 8LL just for the fact I love the way they shift. so much smoother the the 5 speed. its what most of the dump trucks i work on run.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought a M35A3....Soon after sold my M35A2...
Stop dropping $$ into a M35A2 to make it a A3...
Step up and buy the A3 and save $$ and be done.
Kevin..

Snarky

I bought a M35A3....Soon after sold my M35A2...
Stop dropping $$ into a M35A2 to make it a A3...
Step up and buy the A3 and save $$ and be done.
Kevin..
I don't like the A3. Sorry. Read the thread before posting. Thanks. This the deuce modification section, not the deuce leave it like it is section.

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Banned
That gets you super singles, CTIS, an ugly, ugly front end, and an engine that's really not all that powerful.
I like the front end on them, and while I was in Iraq I drove an A3 a few times and from a stop it would spin all 4 wheels when stomped on.

wehring

dt-466 and MT654CR

Hey Pal,

I will throw my hat in the ring. I have acquired an international DT-466. It is basically a 5.9 12v Cummins with an extra 100ci. I am looking for an Allison MT654CR. It is a 5 spd but it will not go into 1st gear unless you pull the t-handle into 1st. It is a granny gear. I have a set of Ouverson 4:90.1 gears being set up for one of my bobbers to help fight the Allison's 1:1 final drive.

The end result is a vehicle that cruises at 60mph @ 2150rpm.

Justin
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks