• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can't edit old message thread..

tamangel

Admin, I was just attempting to edit a post with, yet another link, in the Military Fire Truck thread and ran up against this message:

"Message
The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 263520 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.
Cancel Changes"

the original post (CCKW forum, Military Fire Trucks thread page 5, post # 42 )was done in 03-22-2008, 07:11

does that mean that its been 263,520 minutes since then and now I can't add anything more links/info to that post?

Mike

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess there are 263520 minutes in 6 months. I just find it odd that they figure it like that.

tamangel

"If you need an edit performed after this time, please contact a staff member. "

OK, I want to do this..editing that old post regularly.as its the link depository for all fire thruck info.... Should I contact MOD each time or can you give me the secret password that allows me into that that post only to add links whenever I find them..? Defeats the purpose by just adding a new post at the end..Central location and all that...

Mike

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, you should change your posting habits, so that editing after 6 months is no longer needed.

tamangel

then why put the statement in there to contact a MOD if you want to do it differently? Supreme poo-bah makes the decisions eh..!

posting habits..? did you not understand what I asked and the reasoning..? one place for all things?

whose your supervisor?

Sheesch..

Mike

P.S.: Elvis would understand...! UNSUBSCRIBED...from this..................thread anyway....

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can have your post edited, as the rule states. But obviously, it would be best to change your posting habits, with the rule change(kinda obvious).

No, you can not have the secret password/handshake to edit your posts later.

If you simply copy and paste your first post, then edit it and post it later, then contact a moderator and ask to have your latest post copied and placed in your first post, that would be fairly easy. You might try that. Please include post numbers to avoid mistakes.

Not sure why I replied, since you "UNSUBSCRIBED" already. Sheesch...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks