• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cant feel 3rd gear shift

rfischba1

My M1008 starts and runs great execpt it feels like it never shifts into 3rd gear. speedo broken so I do not know my MPH, but the transmission feels like it stuck in second.
I have not changed the transmission filter and fluid yet.
What should I be checking, vacum hoses??

IRWFO

I would check fluid level and smell first. Then take the truck out and manual shift it up from first and hold the gears longer. You should be able to know if it's shifting or not.

ssgtwright-usmc

I had the same problem not to long ago,
Changed the transmission filter, transmission modulator on the side of the transmission, changed the rubber vacuum line at the modulator and also the vacuum lines at the vacuum pump on the engine but to no avail.
I changed out the fuel filter again after 2 months of the last fuel filter change and that solved my problem.

Total cost: Vacuum modulator $12.00
Rubber hoses $6.00
Transmission filter $6.00
Transmission fluid $16.00
Transmission Gasket $3.00
Fuel filter $15.00

Not saying this will fix your problem but if it saves you a trip to a transmission shop then its worth a try. Doing regular maintenance on items that are often overlooked, like old dry rotted hoses can save headaches, time and money in the long .
I never thought a fuel filter would cause a problem but then again I was lucky it was that and not an actual transmission problem.

dependable

I agree, If tranny isn't working you can save a lot if it is only a clogged filter. It is uplifting when you thought you needed a rebuild but all you needed was maintanece .