• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant find a m1028 Dually Anywhere?

Roadrunner 161

It wasn't an ambulance. The guy that restored it has 40 - 50 M1008/1009's and a handful of 1028's. I am going to put hands on it this weekend. I will post more pictures. If I pass on it I will PM contact info for those interested.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, Jack's.
No, he hasn't a web site. Advertises by word-of-mouth. I assume its for sale, but I dont know. I have wandered around through the 2000 or so vehicles he has going back to Korea n War vintage and on several occasions found something very unusual / interesting and asked the price. " Oh no, I couldn't sell that, its for my Museum." So one never knows for sure.

itsunday25

Im just looking for one that needs help.wow people are nuts with prices for these things i paid 1,500 bucks for my m1010 clean with only 20.000 miles and it would be hard for me to pay that much its just nuts just saying.

ODdave

Im just looking for one that needs help.wow people are nuts with prices for these things i paid 1,500 bucks for my m1010 clean with only 20.000 miles and it would be hard for me to pay that much its just nuts just saying.
HA ! good luck finding any cucv that isnt a total pos for $1500, especialy a dually.

You obviously got a smoking deal on your 1010.

ODdave

Well......

Look better,
Built better, (much stronger 4x4)
Factory equipt with locker and low gears,
cheaper and easier to lift.
usually have less rust and less miles,
Its a mechanical diesel,
less electronics,
FACTORY CAMO !
What else am I missing?

Oh yea, the axles sell for $1500. I would think the truck as a whole would be worth more.

Just curious, what would you value yours at?

itsunday25

With my lift the new paint the new hummer rims and tires turbo gear drive head studs marine injectors new paint list gos on i would take 6.000

chevyCUCV

With my lift the new paint the new hummer rims and tires turbo gear drive head studs marine injectors new paint list gos on i would take 6.000
Nice list there, you should add that to your signature

Did you think of doing a girdle too?

And to the OP, if dually's seem priced way higher than m1008's, just get an 08 and convert to dually. New hubs for the axles or take the opportunity to change gear ratios with new axles. Then a nice custom bed and you are good to go

Edit just realized you are the OP, but if you are waiting for a steal of a price, you have to wait for the right truck. Its a tricky game getting things for cheap, like my 08 for 1200. But if you wait one will turn up eventually

Last edited:

ODdave

you could convert one, but I dont think it would be that cheap.

dually front hubs,
trac lock diff,
dana 70 rear axle w/ detroit locker,
205 t case (optional)
6 dually wheels
fender flairs

Some of those items are pricey.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you could convert one, but I dont think it would be that cheap.

dually front hubs,
trac lock diff,
dana 70 rear axle w/ detroit locker,
205 t case (optional)
6 dually wheels
fender flairs

Some of those items are pricey.
Dually hubs pop up at around a "C" note on evilbay
Trac lock while correct is probably not necessary to get the effect
Dana 70. They pop up in 2WD versions frequently. Adding the NoSpin will bump up the cost. Again, depending on your needs, might could pass.
Wheels are cheap at the pick a part yards.
The fenders would require some shopping.