• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX Cant find anything but parade insurance

338ken

If anybody has their deuce with State Farm in Texas please please post your agent contact. Gulfway and Travelers quit us. My other vehicles are with Farm Bureau and they are no. Hagerty and Grundy are car show and parades only. You cannot haul anything or tow a trailer and must be stored in a completely enclosed locked garage and Hagerty has mileage limits. Others have posted otherwise but my brother has been a insurance agent for 30 years and he read the policies they both sent and those are the facts. If your agent told you something else they are mistaken so please read it for your peace of mind. Our local body shop will not accept Allstate claims becsuse of their bad pay history so that only leaves State Farm that I know of but the girls in our local office were no help. If you have a agent that worked with you please post contact. I am at wits end.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had State Farm for several years, but they suddenly went squirrely on me and wanted to make me take out a commercial policy, I declined so they dropped all my MVs. I promptly dropped them for my POV and Homeowners policies too.

I have my MVs insured through Berkeley Classics.

Cheers

338ken

I had State Farm for several years, but they suddenly went squirrely on me and wanted to make me take out a commercial policy, I declined so they dropped all my MVs. I promptly dropped them for my POV and Homeowners policies too.

I have my MVs insured through Berkeley Classics.

Cheers
Can you actually use yours besides parades and car shows ? Found some had posted commercial for private use not for hire but the girls at our State Farm office dont have a clue

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only use most of my vehicles for shows, so haven't really checked into anything beyond that with Berkeley. They have no requirement for garaging and didn't have a problem with me pulling trailers so long as they were not being used for general haulage or for hire.

My 1009s and M1028 are on my regular car insurance, so I can use them for whatever.

I gave up on State Farm, who I had been with for 25+ years and made no claims, because they would make sudden arbitrary decisions on things, all of which entailed higher premiums. When they decided my trucks were commercial, and wanted very large commercial premiums for those, I moved everything to Berkeley. I finally dropped them completely for POV and house as well.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks