• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cant find Governor Springs

Mfarms

Put a pyro on it and do a different air cleaner set up and run the turbo no hotter then 1200 degrees for short period and it will be much better. I am looking into turning my 5 ton up and putting a water meth injecting kit on it. Make real power.

Mfarms

Well it's a tolerance factor each of us has to have. I am willing to turn it up because this same engine tranny combo is in every bluebird bus since 84' and they are stock coming with 425hp so I'm confident it will hold it. Also it's a toy truck what's the point if you don't play with them and if I do blow a tranny ill either pull and rebuild it or go but another truck and rob it, it is not like they are hard to find or get. I have not priced a rebuild kit from Allison yet but I would bet it's only a few hundred. As long as we keep it cool it should hold as much power as this 8.3 can make. And today I'm going to call my p pump guy I am very confident I can get 3k gov springs for it then turn up the juice and cold air this bam I bet just that will get me close to 400+ hp. Like I said tho it tolerance each of us has. It is not my daily its a toy and so lets make em fun and put the peddle on the wood till something gives out then fix it. :driver:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have seen this engine in different vehicles make tons of power. Im not sure how much more the stock turbo is good for. I believe with gov springs, larger injectors and a bigger turbo 400hp would be easy. Let me know how your search for the gov springs goes.
Will

nevrenufhp

The Dodge gov springs will work, but have a little lower rpm than the dodge. Get a set that has the 3k and 4k springs, so you can dial in the rpm you want.
Marine injectors, #0 plate, HX52 turbo, gov springs, and you got 500+hp. That will surely do some burnouts.

Motiracer38

I like the sound of 500hp. What kind of cost is related to these parts? Do you have a parts list? I would like to turn mine up a bit, it gets real old doing 35mph up a hill getting passed by hybrids.

Also, what's the best way to get cold air? I need to pull off the snorkel to put a box on anyways and no longer need a dust proof enclosure as this truck left Iraq a long time ago. Has anybody fit an air cleaner in the engine compartment?

nevrenufhp

I have a parts list, yes. I dont want to post a price here(it is less than $3k), because that may change with supplier stock.
First thing to do is slide the fuel plate, and see how you like it.
Here's a vid of a guy with a 6CT, marine injectors, #0 plate, and HX50 turbo. It is a little smokey, but that is also tunable on a P-pump. http://s249.photobucket.com/user/caseyray63/media/cfe2c2d5ff8ab4212b1a460310a801e4.mp4.html
Those of you with the MW pump can still use those injectors, but will need to have the pressure lowered to run them.