• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cant find rear tailgate window glass...help

magicman

So I just bought my first CUCV M1009!! Yay...but the rear window glass broke before we bought it. I have been looking and searching for the last 24 hrs and only found one on ebay for $219 plus shipping. Even checked the junkyards around me none have any blazers or jimmys 73-91 in stock to get a rear glass. Now what? Anyone know where I can find a replacement and approx the cost. I live in Indiana.

Thanks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since it is flat safety glass you can prob get one cut at a local automotive glass shop. You may have to have a template unless the deminsions are posted somewhere. Not sure if that would save you any money compared to buying one off ebray.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the Safelite website they will come out and install one for $204.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do! I have a few NOS, still in the foam packed cardboard box, that I would sell for $125 plus shipping. These boxes are approx. 75" long by 36" wide x 12" deep and weigh approx. 69 lbs. I haven't shipped one of these yet to know the best way to ship. My zip code is 73660. Thanks!

Last edited:

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He found one. He's having it installed tomorrow for $165. It will actually have a green tint to it as well. Oh yeah he's my son.