• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can't post to classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakwi

Does anyone know why I can't post to classifieds? It says I don't have permission. I have a cucv gas cap and an original antenna whip and base to sell.

I've been a member for a long time, so I'm don't understand it.

thanks
jason

jeeplvr247

You have to pay the premium membership dues to post in the classifieds. Also, this thread should be under the website help, not CUCV.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, try reading the sticky at the top of every classifieds forum!

steelandcanvas

From the Forum Rules:

Maybe you haven't loggedon in awhile, you might want to re-read the Forum Rules as some things have changed.

Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. The classifieds are for MV's and surplus related items only. Posting classifieds requires upgrading to the premium account. Previously classifieds required a certain post count to use. We've moved it to a fee based access. The reason for this fee is to weed out some of the spammers/scammers that used the classifieds previously. Membership also grants other things to users, a larger PM box, extra access, custom titles, and more things in the works. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Upgrade your account by clicking on the resources link at the top and upgrade to premium membership. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice. It is OK to post an item for sale if it is done in an effort to help another member or if the need for a part comes up during the course of a restoration or repair thread. EXAMPLE 1: Member A posts that their Deuce is broken down and they believe it is due to a faulty in-tank pump. Member B may post that he has a used transfer pump for sale for $XX and to PM if interested. Example 2: Member A has an ongoing thread describing his M817 dump truck restoration. He mentions in that thread that one of his hydraulic lines is leaking and he would like to know who has the best price on them. "Swap Meet" style threads are allowed for parts swapping at a specific Rally/Event. Only one thread allowed per event. If cannot post to the classifieds, please see this thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum-n...explained.html

jeeplvr247

oh, I see, well I sold my CUCV a while ago, so premium membership isn't really worth it to me. :(
Of course it is worth it! MVs are not something you can just have one of. I am sure that another one will find its way into your garage sometime, they always seem to do that.

HASSON1911

I was reluctant to about paying also, but after sitting down and realizing how much help I have had with my truck (manuals, things to avoid that people have learned the hard way, and some trick that get the job done cheap... etc.), it was easily worth 10x that amount.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It really boils down to this...

The old way was post count, people complained. Then people started posting "junk" posts just to get into the classifieds.

During this time we also had problems with a few sellers.

The new way is to ensure the seller has some "skin" the game. Without requiring the "junk" posting. You do NOT need it to post wanted ads though. (You can also post free items as well to give away)

That's just outlining the classifieds portion of it. With membership you get a few other perks as well. (Larger PM folder, access to some hidden forums, change your title, and a few other things)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never posted in the classifieds, I'm not here to sell stuff, so maybe never will.

I paid the premium to support the site. As much as I get out of this place in information and cameraderie, it is more than worth it to me. I know this site costs money to run, I'm more than willing to do my bit.

If it were not for this site, I likely would never have met JimK and HellonwheelsV100, which would have made finishing up my V100 a whole lot harder. Louie (Baseballump) and all his V100 vet buddies I met through here too. Heck, it was worth it just to meet them, and a bunch of other fine folks.

But, like everything in life, its your choice. But if you choose not to support the site, then you can't really complain about not getting to play all the games.

Well, that's my 2cents.

Cheers

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You get what you pay for.

I like being a Premium Member even though I seldom post an item for sale.

There are a few folks that take the site for granted and don't know or care what it takes to provide such a great resource to the public.

I have a chunk of money in a saving account that is drawing .50 percent interest.......the 15 bucks I spent for membership here has returned a much better "interest rate".

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why on earth people think everything should be free is beyond me. If you don't want to pay for ads, post on craigslist.

I'd be ok with having to pay to post in any of the forums. This site cost money to run and the people that use this great resource should chip in. It's not like it's a lot of money to join.

Why on earth people think everything should be free is beyond me. If you don't want to pay for ads, post on craigslist.
That's what I do and have great success. C/L is a great value for sellers. I am a member of many forums for each of my hobbies, Yamaha snowmobiles, Schwinn bicycles, Mustangs, Century boats, off roading, etc etc. This is the only forum that I visit that requires cash to post in certain areas and I don't agree with it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That's what I do and have great success. C/L is a great value for sellers. I am a member of many forums for each of my hobbies, Yamaha snowmobiles, Schwinn bicycles, Mustangs, Century boats, off roading, etc etc. This is the only forum that I visit that requires cash to post in certain areas and I don't agree with it.
You DO NOT think what you learn on this SITE is worth $15 a year, even if you NEVER post a F/S ad ????, if that is the case I guess CL and pirate are your best friends.

eagle4g63

I am also in the group of Paid membership...........I for one think it helps. Anything I can do to help is ok by me..........

So you have to pay to sell stuff...........BOOHOO it weeds out the knuckleheads that come, join...........make ONE post ,and that is in the classifieds, and don't check back when members try to ask about the items or want to purchase them, for months.......or worse..........NEVER.

List in craigs list..............I also think that will eventually cost something

The other "extra area's" are just frills for the contribution you pay. A little something so you aren't like "I had to pay JUST to post in the classifieds" No great loss to this GREAT site and all the GREAT people here that will still help you with any of your troubles and the help is FREE!!!!

Everyday I see this site as more of a Family than just another site for me to visit.........a true family helps each other out...........and yes once in a while even gives $$$$ just cause, and you don't expect it back..........paid membership is just that............HELPING out your older "brother" with some of the bills he pays for "YOUR FUN"

I appreciate your opinions but sorry, if I have to pay $15 per year to feel like I am in the family circle, I'll pass. I like this site and have met some great folks through here, but I have done the same on the other forums as well. And I like to think I contribute as well as just take. Would I get a "warmer feeling" here if I sent money in?

eagle4g63

You miss the point............it's not about the fuzzy warm feeling..........pay don't pay........I really don't give a snot..........The guys here are wonderful either way.........you still love your brother that always comes over and has a beer with you even if he NEVER brings anything to the party but his company...........

No-body will ever look down at you if you aren't a paid member............THAT is the point.

What I am getting at is big brother is ALWAYS paying the bill for you to have fun, membership is just a nice way to thank him and help out (again IF you can, it isn't expected) What IS expected it IF you ALSO want to MAKE money of big brother paying your bills than yes you must contribute to do so...........I feel strong about that.............

Moral: DON'T BE A MOOCH AND EXPECT TO PROFIT FINANCIALLY FROM IT!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must like our classifieds forum somewhat, you have bought more than one thing through them. Imagine if those seller(whom you bought from) felt the same as you.

One other thing you get for $15 is a classifieds forum that is well managed(you don't get that from C/L). We actually care about your deals and will help you. We also have a network of guys that often assist in transportation.

Nobody is asking you to pay, and nobody is asking you to explain why you chose not to pay.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's end the "I don't like it vs. I like it debate" folks. It is what it is. There's no need for anyone to feel not included by their choices.

With membership you get a few other perks as well. (Larger PM folder, access to some hidden forums, change your title, and a few other things)
Is there a secret handshake as well? :-D

Seriously though, please do elaborate on the hidden forums. That may be enough to push me over the edge to get a paid membership. :drool::drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks